Author Topic: DSG oil change  (Read 1341 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
DSG oil change
« on: 11 March 2024, 13:30 »
Got my 4th year service due in July and thinking about getting the dsg oil and filter changed. TCR only has 24500 miles on it and I know VW changed the service schedule to 80k for the Dq381 box. What have others done with the dsg box servicing?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: DSG oil change
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2024, 15:39 »
Does no harm to get it done, either way you'll get peace of mind having it done & looks good if you ever sell the car as it was a fastidious (nerdy) owner  :wink:

DSG oil is expensive enough, but from memory it does flow through a mechatronics unit so it wouldn't be a waste if it helped reduce strain on the mechatronics unit. I have a feeling that delayed oil changes are why the mechatronics have issues in the MQB platform. 
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2024, 15:52 »
If you think that’s nerdy, I had mine done at 13k / 3 years and will have it done again at c. 26k / 6 years.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2024, 18:54 »
Looking to get mine done soon and I'm at 41k miles. VW quoted £320 but I think that included the diff oil too, need to check that as I had that changed not so long ago.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2024, 19:10 »
Looking to get mine done soon and I'm at 41k miles. VW quoted £320 but I think that included the diff oil too, need to check that as I had that changed not so long ago.
£354 for dsg oil and filter change when I've gone VW dealer website today.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2024, 19:11 »
Does no harm to get it done, either way you'll get peace of mind having it done & looks good if you ever sell the car as it was a fastidious (nerdy) owner  :wink:

DSG oil is expensive enough, but from memory it does flow through a mechatronics unit so it wouldn't be a waste if it helped reduce strain on the mechatronics unit. I have a feeling that delayed oil changes are why the mechatronics have issues in the MQB platform.
I'm keeping the car so it makes sense in my mind to get it done. Cheers for the reply 👍

Offline gixerste

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2024, 20:18 »
[quote author=willni link=topic=290365.msg2665581#msg2665581 date=17101715

I'm keeping the car so it makes sense in my mind to get it done. Cheers for the reply 👍
[/quote]

I got mine done at my local main dealer after getting them to price match the local independents  :smiley:
Indium grey D.S.G. Mk7.5GTI pp

Offline uzinusa

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2024, 14:19 »
Had DSG fluids etc changed by local independent (https://cjmechanical.co.uk for £280 last week.  Great service as ever thanks Carl.
GTI PP 3 door, DSG, Carbon Grey Metalic, DCC, Keyless, Discover Pro

Offline Jace

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 14 March 2024, 16:28 »

Revo Performance center can do this for £278 with Motil DCTF Oil too
2018 Golf R 7.5 Estate > Full Revo stg2 set up