Author Topic: Diagnostics  (Read 708 times)

Offline jonesltd

• I live here
  • MK7 R
Diagnostics
« on: 23 May 2022, 09:57 »
If you cant find it......Grind it

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
Re: Diagnostics
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2022, 12:29 »
OBDEleven is what I have been using along with a lot of other forum users. https://obdeleven.com/en/
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline jonesltd

• I live here
  • MK7 R
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2022, 12:42 »
i'll have a look thank you

Offline jonesltd

• I live here
  • MK7 R
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2022, 14:09 »
Regarding the packs....do i have to buy the pro plan and the credits or can i just get the block and credits?
« Last Edit: 23 May 2022, 15:57 by jonesltd »

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2022, 16:46 »
I think you need Pro to access live data, and adaptations. The basic version can just read and clear codes. Some  of the apps need the coding to work, so yeah I think you really need the Pro if you want to do some of the more advanced stuff.

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2022, 18:07 »
Personally I would never use the apps, as they are not car specific, you might get “something went wrong” when using what you want, only problem with obdeleven is it’s now subscription for new accounts so only last a year before returning to basic (same as charista I think) vcds would be good but too expensive for what it is, vcp may be the best value for money for what you can do with it BUT you need to be very experienced otherwise you could end up with a bricked car easily, although I’m not sure if vcp could get down to the root directory of modules
« Last Edit: 23 May 2022, 18:29 by Vwjap »

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2022, 19:04 »
I have used the apps without issue on the mk7. A friends son was enthusiastic that I let the OBDeleven loose on his UP GTi, after his initial disappointment that it wouldn't remap to 400bhp, we pressed on.
We found that less than half of the suggested apps actually worked, so reversed the process...I assume the elctronic brain is fairly basic on the UP. Probably no bad thing!?

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2022, 19:43 »
There’s a difference in modules at different points of the year, the menus can be a different name, the switches the name can change too, plus with newer softwares it can add more menus/switches, and there’s no rhyme or reason to when these software updates come out,