Author Topic: new owner some woes....  (Read 945 times)

Offline Redrick

• Just got here
new owner some woes....
« on: 13 April 2022, 10:59 »
geeetings New owner......

Firstly what a brilliant car to drive it puts the fun back into what were mundane trips ...

Mk8 Gti with 6000 miles and 6 months old which i collected on Monday

Some issues

Keyless entry - incredibly hit and miss as is the proximity unlock which in fairness i have now turned off as its a PITA

It allways unlocks at the boot and will then unlock at the doors.  It allways locks from the door sensor it will always unlock at the door sensor  straight after locking but leave it 10 minutes and then it is maybe 2 in 10 when it works.

Also when i lock the car for the night it is obviously locked but in the morning if i look at the We Connect app it is telling me it is unlocked and the windows are open which is just not the case as when checking it is actually locked and the windows closed

It is bloody annoying and whilst it works fine from the key fob buttons i could just disable the keyless but at the money for a car it should work

next issue
Mobile phone pairing - my phone is paired with the car but it will not automatically pair when i get in unless i start the car then open a door where it magically and instantly pairs and works ! ( i found this solution on the internet after googgling so cant be a rare problem) this happens every time i start the car to go anywhere !

Squueeks and rattles from what sounds like the under side of the car but only when its cold

The engine cover recall - bugger anyone had this done and does it make the car any noisier ??

Other than this i love it so its back to the dealers next week

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: new owner some woes....
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2022, 16:47 »
Yes all of those are issues that various mk8's have.

You have to tell the dealer and hope the words you use match the magic phrases on the vw guided fault finder... Then they will apply fixes.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC