Author Topic: VW All-In Service plan - special offer.  (Read 14507 times)

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
Re: VW All-In Service plan - special offer.
« Reply #100 on: 08 December 2022, 21:18 »
You'll need to take out the 2 year service plan to benefit from the offer.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #101 on: 08 December 2022, 21:31 »
You can take out the plan and then book the services when they are required.

If you take out the plan now you shouldn't be charged for the next two services as long as it is booked in at an official VW retailer. Although it won't hurt to mention that you have a service plan before they carry out the work.

7.5 GTD

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #102 on: 09 December 2022, 09:23 »
My dealer, one of the biggest independents in Scotland and established 70 years ago, never ever writes to me or otherwise communicates on VW offers and never recommends offers or plans to me when I am present in person. But they e mail me to confirm appointment when I book a service.

I only find out about VW offers by reading this forum.

I have been a VW customer of this dealer for 12 years. I find it bizarre they can talk about their high quality service and relationships and continually fail to communicate with customers.
I use them exclusively for servicing but have never bought a car from them, ( too expensive and not hungry).

Maybe that’s why they don’t love me??
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #103 on: 09 December 2022, 10:03 »
Actually, I think my dealer has worked out they can easily fill their service bays with uninformed full price customers. So no need to recommend special offers. Why would you?

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #104 on: 09 December 2022, 12:56 »
Does it make a difference to dealers if you have a service plan or not? I thought they would just claim the amount from Vwfs?
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #105 on: 09 December 2022, 14:07 »
Who knows but an individual services costs more than an identical service plan one so who pockets the difference if there is no service plan? Must be the dealer.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #106 on: 09 December 2022, 14:43 »
Does it make a difference to dealers if you have a service plan or not?

Probably not, although the service plan keeps the car within VW’s dealership network, so ties the customer to VW for routine servicing (and maybe for other maintenance work too), and helps to keep the workshop and workshop staff fully occupied.

I dare say that VW may have also carried out research that shows customers whose cars are serviced / maintained within the dealership network may also be more likely to consider buying another VW when the time comes to change their existing car. Assuming this to be the case, then there will be longer term benefits for VW and its dealers.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #107 on: 14 December 2022, 12:23 »
My car received its first major service today (at 4 years - 22000 miles) under a VW service plan.
On dropping the car off i asked whether the service would include new spark plugs and was told a major service including new plugs should be carried out at 40,000 miles or 4 years whichever comes first and so yes they would be fitting new plugs.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #108 on: 14 December 2022, 21:56 »
That's good to know as a real experience under a service plan, just hope all of the dealers are the same.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #109 on: 19 February 2023, 10:55 »
Does anyone know if you can clear the balance owed on a service plan? Using my 2nd credit and don't qualify for the all-in-service plan due to exhaust modification, and my current isn't set to finish until March.

Not a big issue, but would rather start a new one after it's service and you can't have two active at the same time on one car bizarrely.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/