Author Topic: VW All-In Service plan - special offer.  (Read 13965 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: VW All-In Service plan - special offer.
« Reply #50 on: 27 July 2022, 15:16 »
I did that with this and my last car but this time that didn't give me the half price MoTs. Still think it's worth it though. Interest free and cheaper, what's not to like!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Meister

• Not said much yet
  • 2018 GTI - Pure White
« Reply #51 on: 27 July 2022, 17:30 »
Took out the all-in at a reduced special offer of £25 per month last year.... glad I did...

I took my 68 reg GTI to the dealer today after spotting a major oil leak under the engine. Just had the report back.... the gearbox needs to be removed, which costs £480 in labour and they think the rear crank seal has failed (does anyone know whether this is covered by VW warranty?). Also spotted coolant on the engine sump, which is possibly the thermostat housing (anyone know if this is covered?).

The service manager told me 'now you have to play a game of roulette... if the gearbox is taken out and it is covered by warranty, all good. But if any part is not covered, I am eligible to pay the full repair costs and £480 labour.... Something about that doesn't seem correct to me! Why should I be 'playing a game of roulette!?'....

Anyone had similar issues?
NOW - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI, Manual- Pure White
GONE - 2015 Mk7 GTD, Manual - Tungsten
GONE - 2014 Scirocco GTS 2.0TDI - Salsa Red
GONE - 2012 Scirocco 2.0TDI - Black
GONE - 2009 Mk6 GTI - Tornado Red
GONE - 2008 Mk5 GtTDI - Reflex Silver
GONE - 1991 Corrado 1.8 16v - Dark Green
GONE - 1989 Jetta 1.8 'Show condition' - Red

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 27 July 2022, 22:33 »
What's the point of 'all-in' if you have major issues and the "service manager" immediately thinks you are 'all-out'?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Catnapper

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #53 on: 28 July 2022, 11:19 »
Just used my 2nd service of my service plan & extended warranty comes to an end in August.
Same deal now £802.
5 year old GTI, still a good deal imho.
Buys the looks of it may need AC service.
MK7.5 Indium Grey 19" Brescia Alloys

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #54 on: 28 July 2022, 16:07 »
My 2 year plan comes up for renewal in November and I was considering the 'all-in' plan, shall wait to see how Meister gets on.
If that goes well here's hoping for a Black Friday Offer!!
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline karlos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #55 on: 29 July 2022, 01:05 »
My 2 year plan comes up for renewal in November and I was considering the 'all-in' plan, shall wait to see how Meister gets on.
If that goes well here's hoping for a Black Friday Offer!!

Same. Car turns 5 in November and my extended warranty and service plan runs out then. I've never had the AC or front diff serviced so I hope they don't ping me for that.
2017 (67) GTI PP DSG. Tungsten Silver with DCC, Art Velours, Dynaudio, Climate Screen, Tints, Keyless, Rear Camera, Lane Assist, Seville wheels.

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #56 on: 29 July 2022, 17:37 »
I’m obviously grateful to the forum for informing me of this deal and indeed of the standard deal.
But what puzzles me is why my dealer doesn’t inform me of these things themselves.
Does anyone get offers and updates direct from VW? I never have done despite owning 5 of the things in a straight row!

Just seen this thread and comments. My local VW dealer in W Sussex rang me yesterday about the all-in deal. Mine's 3 in September, so will miss the current £29.99pm, as it will be approx £34 then, but still seems to be a good deal
They've also invited me to free golf lessons and I've been invited to play in a pro-am tournament in September. Obviously helps if you're a golfer!
They've also price matched the £39 MOT from my local indie.
 However, they won't help out with the rust on my rear hubs, which AutoExpress said was a recall item for 7.5s, in an article in June.
Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #57 on: 29 July 2022, 22:45 »
Any more details on this 'recall' as it's not something my garage has mentioned?  I haven't had any communication from my garage about any offers and I finish paying for my 'black Friday' service plan in November so hopefully something similar will pop up to sign-up to (I already have road assist and an extended warranty which I bought at the same time as the car).

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #58 on: 29 July 2022, 23:03 »
Be surprised if rusty hubs is a recall. All the cars I have had have started to rust. Wet and dry paper and repaint with a colour of choice either spray with a little care or small brush. Usually lasts 2 or 3 years.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #59 on: 30 July 2022, 10:18 »
Any more details on this 'recall' as it's not something my garage has mentioned?  I haven't had any communication from my garage about any offers and I finish paying for my 'black Friday' service plan in November so hopefully something similar will pop up to sign-up to (I already have road assist and an extended warranty which I bought at the same time as the car).

This is from an AutoExpress email article i received 24 May regarding the MK8, but then it went on to discuss the 7.5

The facelifted Golf Mk7, known as the Mk7.5, has been recalled five times so far by Volkswagen, but the Golf Mk8 has yet to be recalled for anything, which is encouraging. The problems that have cropped up for the Golf Mk7.5 include poorly made rear wheel hubs, incorrect brake discs fitted on the production line, unsecure front head restraints and poorly made rear head restraint mountings. The most recent recall was issued in June 2020 because of glitches with the e-call system, but so far the Golf Mk8 has a clean bill of health.

My local service manager is avoiding my emails/calls and I can't get a response from AE regarding this, so VW will probably not help out. When i mentioned it before to my dealer, they said purchase new rear discs, as it's all one unit
Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen