Author Topic: South coast DSG tuning?  (Read 8375 times)

Offline stulad

• Just got here
South coast DSG tuning?
« on: 02 February 2017, 16:23 »
Hi - first time poster....

I've got an Edition 35 that was remapped by R-Tech a year or so ago including the DSG torque limit raise and shift speed increase.

I then got the REVO DSG map applied (by TC Garage in Copthorne) which didn't work as I later find out it'll only work if the ECU has the REVO engine remap as well.  Obviously being unwilling to fork out again for an already dome remap I'd rather just get a refund.

But REVO won't refund unless the car has the stock VW DSG map flashed back on so then I would lose the torque limit raise and shift speed increase!

Any ideas of anyone who could do the torque limit and shift speed increase somewhere in the south to save a 6 hr round trip to R-TECH as I'm near the south coast?

Thanks in advance....

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
Re: South coast DSG tuning?
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2020, 06:49 »
Late reply.. hopefully you’re sorted by now. If not, speak with DMS in Southampton. They offer a DSG remap that, as far as I’m aware, has no strict link to any engine remap. It’s not particularly expensive either.

Offline stulad

• Just got here
Re: South coast DSG tuning?
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2020, 09:59 »
Thanks for this but ended up going to Rtech who did a great job.  Have now moved on to a M140i which really doesn't need a remap!
Handling no where near as good but couldn't resist the engine.....