Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627583 times)

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #3120 on: 22 March 2022, 13:03 »
MOT done. No advisories :smiley:. Thought I might have had a comment on rear suspension bushes but still OK. Now to pay road fund :sad:
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #3121 on: 23 March 2022, 07:50 »
Road tax, got to pay for those potholes somehow :laugh:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3122 on: 24 March 2022, 19:33 »
I think Boris uses the money for no 10 parties   :rolleyes:
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Bluto

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3123 on: 12 April 2022, 18:17 »
Think winter is over so removed and cleaned the front under wing cover and cleaned front suspension and lubed the brake caliper pins. Surprised how clean the wings were under the covers. MOT next week!

Very impressed at your clean levels for under the wings.  Looks brand new chap, very impressive.  I'll not be sharing mine as a potential compare and contrast.  All I'll say is mine resemble something from a tsunami wave that's retreated.  :grin:
Mk8 GTI Clubsport | Pure White | DCC | Black Estorils | HUD | a fair few options

Previous: Mk6 GTI | Candy White | Manual | DCC | Dynaudio | Cruise | Winter Pack | Lux Pack | Rear Camera & F/R Parking Sensors

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3124 on: 12 April 2022, 19:20 »
First time in 12 years it has had a real clean. Usual road muck stuck underneath again now so back to normal! :sad:

Offline Bluto

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3125 on: 16 April 2022, 11:57 »
Replaced a section of rear washer pipe though into the hatch. My lower boot seal and trim looked like a scene from Predator with luminous yellow-green screen wash pooling in it.

Found the offending leak, washer pipe had spilt in two places in the rubber sheath between the body and boot hatch.  Exactly the same spot as it failed 8 years ago when the dealer repaired it last; so can't complain on that I guess.  Boot opening and closing eventually fatigues the plastic until it fails, so impressed it's lasted this long. 

Given the previous fix lasted eight years, I'm pretty confident that my washer pipe repair will last until the Mk8 arrives, though maybe I'm not so confident on when the Mk8 will actually arrive.  :grin:  Think the car knows its replacement has been ordered and is on a mission to rinse my wallet whilst I wait!

Mk8 GTI Clubsport | Pure White | DCC | Black Estorils | HUD | a fair few options

Previous: Mk6 GTI | Candy White | Manual | DCC | Dynaudio | Cruise | Winter Pack | Lux Pack | Rear Camera & F/R Parking Sensors

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #3126 on: 16 April 2022, 14:53 »
Never understood why they used that type if pipe.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Wugga

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3127 on: 26 April 2022, 07:50 »
Had to have a new slave cylinder, clutch kit as was struggling to get into first and second and reverse! Also air conditioning has a leak ! Ffs 🤦🏻
VW BORA TDI 2004 (Black)
VW GOLF GTI 2002 (Black)
VW GOLF GT TDI 2005 (Grey)
VW GOLF GTI 2009 (Silver)
VW GOLF GTD 2018 (Black)

Offline Bluto

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3128 on: 26 April 2022, 21:36 »
Never understood why they used that type if pipe.

Me neither, would have expected the pipe material to be one that was a little more flexible whilst not deforming too much to allow the screenwash through.

I did wonder if this is partially the reason the cable routes into the hatch on the Mk7 and Mk8 Golfs were moved to the top from the sides.  Possibly less stress and fatigue on the cables and pipes from the boot hatch being opened and closed?

Today also booked in for a windscreen repair.  :rolleyes: A stone chip bang in the driver's field of vision on the way back from work courtesy of an Audi A3.  Hopefully a £10 repair not a full windscreen replacement.  The joys of car ownership.  :whistle:

Offline Wugga

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3129 on: 27 April 2022, 15:59 »
Does anyone know colour match id for red brake calliper's please  ?
VW BORA TDI 2004 (Black)
VW GOLF GTI 2002 (Black)
VW GOLF GT TDI 2005 (Grey)
VW GOLF GTI 2009 (Silver)
VW GOLF GTD 2018 (Black)