Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 437345 times)

Offline stugolfmk3

• Not said much yet
Re: LL's MK3 20VT
« Reply #1840 on: 08 January 2011, 14:40 »
i am hardcore still going wheres alex to haha

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1841 on: 08 January 2011, 17:34 »
I'm still going :D

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1842 on: 10 January 2011, 16:13 »
42 and a half hours and I hit the sack. Was more of sensible decision come then rather than passing out.

Anyway, in other news, dropping the car off for MOT after work (its being done tomorrow) so fingers crossed!

I lost my phone so no piccies of things, but when I get my replacement, I'll get some pics up of the catch can and new windscreen.

:)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1843 on: 10 January 2011, 16:25 »
42 and a half hours and I hit the sack. Was more of sensible decision come then rather than passing out.

Anyway, in other news, dropping the car off for MOT after work (its being done tomorrow) so fingers crossed!

I lost my phone so no piccies of things, but when I get my replacement, I'll get some pics up of the catch can and new windscreen.

Good stuff, pics asap!

Has your number changed or have you kept that?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1844 on: 10 January 2011, 17:54 »

Good stuff, pics asap!

Think I keep it, but not sure. Hopefully get to keep it cause it will be a pain in the f**king a$$!

I'm away skiing again on Thursday (fingers crossed for some snow!!!!), so trying to sort the MOT out and get a new phone before then.

Going to talk to the bodyshop and see if they can take my car in while I'm away. Don't think I'll go overboard on this one, just two new wings. 4 arches flared, tidied and sprayed and a flat back and polish. I know a few places I can go to and get a better deal, so we'll see what each one says. Need the car back tomorrow really with another year's MOT so I can get some quotes on the bodywork, running out of time here!

Offline stugolfmk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1845 on: 11 January 2011, 17:57 »

Good stuff, pics asap!

Think I keep it, but not sure. Hopefully get to keep it cause it will be a pain in the f**king a$$!

I'm away skiing again on Thursday (fingers crossed for some snow!!!!), so trying to sort the MOT out and get a new phone before then.

Going to talk to the bodyshop and see if they can take my car in while I'm away. Don't think I'll go overboard on this one, just two new wings. 4 arches flared, tidied and sprayed and a flat back and polish. I know a few places I can go to and get a better deal, so we'll see what each one says. Need the car back tomorrow really with another year's MOT so I can get some quotes on the bodywork, running out of time here!

thats ok mate i will get it done for u haha coz i am nice like that 

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1846 on: 12 January 2011, 08:29 »
Aite, here's what it failed the MOT on:

1. Offside headlight aim too high Checked it and they are both level

2. Nearside headlight aim too low See 1.

3. Excessive play in wishbone lower bush Loose bolt, yes the one that's been causing my wobbly problem :lipsrsealed:

4. Nearside steering rack gaitor split Not done this yet, maybe later on if I can get the gaitor

5. Rear offside brake binding slightly Got to sort this, if I can't save it, then new rear disc's time

6. Front nearside sill corroded The jacking point's are crushed, as many Mk3's have, they aren't terrible and no holes, and no rust really. Thought this would pass tbh. See what they say when I talk to them.

7. Rear nearside sill corroded See 6.

8. Emissions slightly excessive Will get through with a good run before hand, was only a little over and it was on cold start

Not terrible really, what I expected. Suck's I'm on holiday tbh :D  Want to sort this out! :D

I'm away now til next Tuesday, so will be dropping it off to him to get the sill's looked at again and the probably the rack gaitor unless I can get one today.

Car drives sweet now I tightened that wishbone bolt. Went for a spirited drive last night and this morning before work. Feels good, stable and its feels quicker than before! Need to adjust the clutch cable a little, clutch is slipping a little bit and the pedal is quite high. Can't see it needing a new clutch yet, but hey if it does, then it does. Fitting a my new tdi box soon, so will whack in a new LUK clutch then.

Alex :)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1847 on: 12 January 2011, 09:09 »
No8 is strange, are you running a lambda sensor

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1848 on: 12 January 2011, 09:18 »

Yeah got a lambda. Its got a decat though.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1849 on: 12 January 2011, 09:27 »

Yeah got a lambda. Its got a decat though.

Thats why the emissions are high thenĀ  :smiley: