Author Topic: nurburgring trip  (Read 17819 times)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: nurburgring trip
« Reply #30 on: 26 February 2012, 19:22 »
Oh hi Nige.  :grin:
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Nige

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 26 February 2012, 19:30 »
Hi

Offline westallc

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 26 February 2012, 19:57 »
think i may have come across all wrong on this thread apolagies all around !!!

you guys know your stuff and have been there done it etc so really i should be pinned eared and listen as im a newbie to track days etc etc

so i will shut up now and sit back and listen to your advise

diamond hell apolagies i didnt get the whole insurance thing on the ring etc etc but as ive not been there im guessing i didnt have the minerals to even make comment !!!

Offline Nige

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 29 February 2012, 11:59 »
i didnt get the whole insurance thing on the ring etc etc but as ive not been there im guessing i didnt have the minerals to even make comment !!!

Don`t worry about it. Far too many people don`t understand the implications of an accident on the ring.  :wink:

There are still a few idiots around understand the situation but try and tell everyone its nothing to worry about  :shocked:. I think you`d be absolutely bonkers to drive on TF without 3rd party cover. There is a thread on Pistonheads (sticky in Trackdays section) where I`ve posted the same, but some supposedly intelligent people say it`ll be fine if you `take it easy` and don`t chase times...

Its a crying shame, when I started going to the ring in 2005 there was no insurance issue, those who`ve been going for much longer than me remember how quiet the ring used to be. Top gear & the magazines stopped all that, the resultant insurance claims led to all the exclusions and the situation we are in now where almost nobody will cover you on TF.

I`d hate to think I`d never drive the ring again, the trackdays aren`t exactly cheap, and to me, the mid week, evening trackdays were simply fantastic. Middle of August, Wednesday evening, windows open and about half a dozen other cars seen on a lap. Ahhh, those were the laps :cool:

Oh, and incase you think I`m coming across as negative and trying to talk you out of going, take a look at the guide in this thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=186755.0. That took me hours, but the reason was to try and help novices get round without incident, not to talk you out of going.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 29 February 2012, 12:08 by Nige »

Offline westallc

• Here all the time
« Reply #34 on: 01 March 2012, 19:30 »
great post nige and it all makes sense i dont plan on driving the ring unless its a trackday or with insurance but to be fair i will be consentrating on trying to drive uk circuits and the car first before i even dream about it

p.s are you the same nige as on open pit lane  :grin:

Offline Kamshaft

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 01 March 2012, 23:27 »
I went round the "Ring" last year with a few mates in various cars ranging from a MK1 golf to an R8 and we all had a great time.  Remember to stay within your limits and don't get in anyone's way that wants to get past and you'll be ok.  There will always be people telling you not to go for fear of crashing, if that's how they feel they should stay at home, but if you want to go then go, I promise you'll have a great time :smiley:

Offline Nige

• Not said much yet
« Reply #36 on: 02 March 2012, 09:13 »
Remember to stay within your limits and don't get in anyone's way that wants to get past and you'll be ok. 
Exactly the kind of post I was meaning  :grin: :rolleyes:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #37 on: 02 March 2012, 12:35 »
Exactly the kind of post I was meaning  :grin: :rolleyes:

Is there some weird machine churning these numpties out?

Remember to stay within your limits and don't get in anyone's way that wants to get past and you'll be ok. 

Yes, what else could *possibly* go wrong when you're zooming about on a very loosely regulated 12.9mile long race track with a mix of bikes and cars on it?

Just to elaborate on this a touch further:

There will always be people telling you not to go for fear of crashing, if that's how they feel they should stay at home, but if you want to go then go, I promise you'll have a great time

We're not saying don't go for fear of crashing, we're saying don't go for fear of being bankrupted by legal action if you do, because you have no insurance cover for what you're doing.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #38 on: 02 March 2012, 22:34 »
Thanks for the link to the video Nige, good viewing!  going to watch it a few times to try to absorb as much of the information as I can.  no way I'll be going around it that fast though  :shocked:

Btw, great name :afro:

Much love
Nigel

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #39 on: 02 March 2012, 23:13 »
You're uninsured.

I hope you get turned away from the 'ring before you hurt or kill someone or yourself in your banger.