Author Topic: Wazzzer - 1.8T  (Read 145981 times)

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Wazzzer - 1.8T
« Reply #40 on: 06 November 2009, 16:27 »
My net optic ashtray cover finally turned up today, just fitted it and finishes off the dash nicely

Also fitted my black interior mirror that Matt (northeast_gti) picked up for me instead the nasty cream thing

« Last Edit: 06 November 2009, 16:30 by Wazzzer »

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #41 on: 27 November 2009, 18:34 »
the wheel project has begun...

here's a few pics to give you an idea of the water damage that was under the lacquer

the 2 front tyres have been removed and thrown up the tip as they were a little bit worn

I took one into work to see what I could do with some 180 grit Abranet and I've got to say I'm very happy with the result

It started like this

and after 10 mins of rubbing

the spoke on the right has been sanded with 320 grit

I'll take it to 600 next and see how it looks, then maybe 800. When I'm happy I'll chuck a few coats of lacquer on with a light sand between each coat to seal them in and bring out a nice deep shine

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #42 on: 08 December 2009, 21:29 »
I've gone crazy and gone right up to 2000 then a bit of autosol  :laugh:

I also received my brand new centre caps for the Monzas. I think they are meant for the Montreals but they fit in there fine  :smiley:

not bad for a tenner  :wink:

Whenever it stops raining I'll be fitting this silicone pipe too...

It's to replace this pipe which is the only one I had a problem with when I bought my Autobahn 88 silicone hose kit

more when I get out there and fit some bits :cool:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #43 on: 31 December 2009, 22:58 »
pipe is fitted along with the removal of the final part of the PCV system. No pics as it's not that glamorous and it was cold.

As you all know the rear arches of the Mk4 never look quite right I've hopefully got a set of spacers for the rear of the Golf on the way so I'll be fitting them at some point in Jan too...

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #44 on: 02 January 2010, 23:30 »
been out in the cold today taking the inlet manifold off to change my injector O rings and the injector seats which are worse than I thought...

I then had a bit of a panic on as I realised I had no tool to get the seats out (they wind in/out), so it was off to the shed to try and find something I could use and I came up with this

17mm bolt with 2x17mm nuts wound on, works perfectly  :smiley:

after winding the seats out I cleaned up the inlet so I can tell if there is a leak again

before

after

this is the state of the old seats, you can see how wet they are on the threads and how the sealant has detoriated so it looks like it's been leaking under boost...

I had to postpone fitting them back in as I don't have any sealant, gonna pop to Halfords 2moro and get some instant stuff so they are well sealed. So I started on the injectors themselves and fitted the new O rings to each one

All ready to be fitted back on the inlet

and as it stands now, just waiting for some daylight and I'll put it all back together

I'll update when it runs again, it goes into the body shop on Tuesday for the bumper to be repaired so I need it sorted by then

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #45 on: 03 January 2010, 23:13 »
and we're up and running again, doesn't look like I ever touched it  :wink:

I also took the chance to empty out my catch tank and got this lovely lot out, yummy

also got a pic to see how well the catch tank is doing with keeping the oil vapours out of the mixture and the results are very good

As you can see the throttle housing is very clean, last time I cleaned it was July

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #46 on: 13 January 2010, 22:04 »
Picked the Golf up today and I've got to say I'm very happy with the repair. They've even sprayed the valance, it was looking a bit tired so that's a bonus

A quick pic of the area that was damaged, not great as it was dark when I got home.

Got some more plans but will have to wait until I get paid now

I also fitted my Lupo GTI grille badge...

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #47 on: 14 January 2010, 22:37 »
A quick few pics of it the light of day

Still think the badge needs to move over slightly, will do that 2moro

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #48 on: 27 January 2010, 14:44 »
Had my 15mm spacers for the rears arrive today

and also fitted my LED number plate bulbs

Also ordered a pancake replacement pipe which should be here in a few days and a set of 5mm spacers for the front wheels

Will be fitting the spacers when it gets a bit warmer lol

Offline Purely VAG

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 28 January 2010, 01:50 »
Best colour mate, same as mine  :cool:

Number plate leds look real good, ordered myself a set.

✉ Jrd@PurelyVAG.co.uk // www.PurelyVAG.co.uk