Author Topic: !!! AD's GTI !!! New owner on here??  (Read 60323 times)

Offline dantheman6554

• Here all the time
Re: AD's GTI abit of ocd :D
« Reply #30 on: 09 May 2012, 09:00 »
Looking really good mate!  those wheels set it off!    any engine plans coming up?
Good Old Gt Tdi 115!

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 09 May 2012, 17:36 »
Yeah ive done some bits to the engine/mechanics already i was planning on getting a map last month but relised my cambelt was due so had to fork 300+ for that ive taken it off the road for a month or 2 to get all the niggly bits done that would never get sorted if i was driving it so far .....

Interior
New consoles as mine were battered and spoiled the inside
Revive the carpet as it was more grey than black
Minimize the squeeky things that p'eed me off
The vents and armrest were just a bonus to be fair

Exterior
Spray the mirrors silver again (not done yet)
Get some 215/225 40s for the super sevens the 35s are hideous to drive on (not done yet)
Lower it abit when the wheels are back on or maybe higher depend how the new tyres will sit
Fix some paint defects thats if the weather ever makes its mind up like the chunk i took out the spoiler with a sharan badge :embarassed:

Engine/mechanics
Cambelt water pump new coolant tank have all been done
All new bushes/topmounts
N249 bypass done
New forge boost hoses done
007p done
Silicone tip need to get that but its not at the top of the list
Smoothed airbox with pipercross filter Done
Needs a bloody good service!

Im hoping it will reach a healthy 220 with a decent amount of torque but im obviously making the car feel like its just rolled out of the factory first i want to be able to feel like its a new car once everything has been done for when i get the mot sorted. The map should be ready to be done in 3 months or so then its a long trip to r tech

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 10 May 2012, 18:47 »
More interior bits done  :cool:

Brought some ebay special mats to finish off the anniversary interior and to stay faithfull to the lack of money ive spent on it all they cost £13.?? Plus postage ive never seen the anni mats but they cant be much different to these..... They turned up today after ordering sunday so super quick postage the only issues with them is the holes for the pegs were ovals and it had a heel bit so i set to work to make them look more oem PICTURES!!!!

As they arrived there not as pink as they look there a true red like tornado red

Removed

Circle things fitted

Fitted :D

Havnt got any pictures of the others as its raining but there all exactly the same size/shape as the originals and look sooo much nicer !!

Also got one of these

Some reason took a picture of the wheel

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #33 on: 10 May 2012, 22:40 »
and the great work continues  :smiley:

the rear lights look spot on
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 11 May 2012, 18:57 »
Cheers mate  :grin: rear bushes tomoz not looking forward to it  :sick:

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 16 May 2012, 19:42 »
BUSHES DONE!

not as hard as expected and didnt really get stuck with them a few pictures i took ....

bushes out one easier than the other

with a little help with this

work space

my mates new steering wheel arrived at his so we went and got it the he fitted it whilst i took a break lol

bushes fitted

and another decent bargain i know have the full set for less than £20:D

and a quick play with instagram

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: AD's GTI
« Reply #36 on: 01 June 2012, 16:56 »
Really nice work mate. Loving the cleannesssss of it all  :cool:

What colour are your wheels? I need alloys that colour in my life!  :tongue:

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 04 June 2012, 18:13 »
The best match ive found is rover gunmetal but the wheels have more black in them than the rover colour im actually going to be getting them done in factory silver as i think it will make it look cleaner !

All the bushes done now car drives soooo much better past the mot with no advisories at all and just had the tracking done service next month map the month after canny wait :D

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 07 August 2012, 11:58 »
havnt really done alot to her the last couple of months but im currently collecting parts, sanding, sanding and more sanding. I had to have a operation on the 30th of july so this month and next money is super tight as im off work all this month which means staturay sick pay £80 odd a week so buying stuff for the golf is a huge no unfortunetly!

i have been enjoying driving it for once though rather than fiddling with everything although i have removed the sub from the side of the boot as it didnt sound that great to be honest! i have however fitted my theloudest.com speakers up front and amped them which is a huge improvement but i will be getting a better h.u at some point as although the alpine looks really nice it only has 1 pre out which is pretty crap.

ive also sanded down the door handles to give them that brushed look and do look pretty sweet  :cool:

during this month off im going to be prepping my anni skirts and votex valance along with sanding my super sevens down all ready to be sorted october depending on the prices i get that is ..... few pictures for y'alll

sanding alloys is actually very therapeutic (with a little detail sander)

oh and i replaced my pollen filter as sh!t got stinky up in there

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
Re: AD's GTI sanding sanding and more sanding
« Reply #39 on: 07 August 2012, 16:11 »