Author Topic: WHICH DUMP VALVE TO GO FOR  (Read 3542 times)

Offline Gti-gord

• Just got here
Re:WHICH DUMP VALVE TO GO FOR
« Reply #10 on: 25 November 2003, 20:22 »
Try BLITZ for some extreme sound!!! ;)

Offline tomrc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 25 November 2003, 21:25 »
gord i have seen your golf its in bad condition. u would be lucky to get  a bag of sand for it. post a picture 4 everyone to see how bad your 1.8t is
 ;D

Offline Gti-gord

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 25 November 2003, 21:29 »
i will and show up ur fake R32. Thats sad saying u have one and u don't 8)

Offline tomrc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 25 November 2003, 21:32 »
i only have a 1.8 gti i live in a world of insurance but the r32 is sweet

kniterider

« Reply #14 on: 26 November 2003, 13:33 »
not sure about now as things have moved on and i havent got a turbo golf, but when iwas into my rs turbs and other blown cars i always had bailey dump valves, good quality, they had a nice sound but i wouldnt say there were cheesy noise!!!!

Offline Doug W

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 27 November 2003, 17:24 »
Knowledge gathered from my Fiat Coupe days (happy days, performance missed  :() ....

If you want the ppppsssshh-scare-old-grannies-on-the-pavement-noise go for a 'dump to atmosphere', but if you are just after a decent 'recirculating (to the air box) valve' (as is the standard VW bosch one) go for the Forge Dv007 or 6 (think they are about ?70-80 - these were very popular on the Coupes - never got round to it myself though) Go here: http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?cat=TUNDV&product=FMDV006

They are a piston type that are supposed to be more accurate/consistant than the plastic diaphram Bosch one that'll be on. The Bailey valve was also popular (DV30).

Also, drilling (several 32mm holes) the airbox was quite popular, if you are after a bit of noise this might do it, but not sure if this would much up your airflow readings  ???.

Cheers