Author Topic: new wheels offer  (Read 7327 times)

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
Re: new wheels offer
« Reply #10 on: 19 September 2010, 01:17 »
True i have to agree with that one even mr rhyso jumped ship into an audi  :grin:

what audi?
A3 sportback 2.0 tdi s-line  :smiley:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #11 on: 19 September 2010, 11:16 »
the truth hurts lol no one can say our golfs are reliable lol

Mine is  :tongue:

Ok it has the standard niggles but it IS reliable  :smiley: ( apart from the water pump incident yeah i know  :grin:)

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline gavgtiturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 19 September 2010, 14:01 »
wtf????

Your dad is just giving you some bentely contintental wheels?

DO you realise how much tyres cost for those things? and how much those wheels cost?

Wheels and tyres that have a tolerance to go over 200mph are INCREDIBLY expensive.

are they not also like 12j wheels? If so, not a chance in hell you will get 12j 20" alloys under your arches? No way, it would cost you 5k in arch work to get them under.

Sell them, and you would probs get about 6k for the wheels!

the tyres are £258 each thats not to much,i dont know the offset  yet thats why i asked,seems like no one knows so it looks like ill figure it out myself lol,as for arch mods anything is possible with a little imagineation but its a 5 door so i dont really want wider rear arches as i dont think it would look right and as for 5k in mods i dont know what body shop ur using mate but id seriously change it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline The Dave

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 19 September 2010, 15:02 »
Rhyso is just gonna have constant DPF problems which will wind him up, I don't believe for a second newer cars are any more reliable than our old bangers lol :) Just warranty to fall back on :)

Offline Dan_GTI

• I live here
  • GTi addict formally known as yoof
« Reply #14 on: 19 September 2010, 15:09 »
wtf????

DO you realise how much tyres cost for those things? and how much those wheels cost?

Wheels and tyres that have a tolerance to go over 200mph are INCREDIBLY expensive.

are they not also like 12j wheels? If so, not a chance in hell you will get 12j 20" alloys under your arches? No way, it would cost you 5k in arch work to get them under.

the tyres are £258 each thats not to much,i dont know the offset  yet thats why i asked,seems like no one knows so it looks like ill figure it out myself lol,as for arch mods anything is possible with a little imagineation but its a 5 door so i dont really want wider rear arches as i dont think it would look right and as for 5k in mods i dont know what body shop ur using mate but id seriously change it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sounds like money isnt an object for ya so i'd say do it..... then you'll give jake a run for his money for the bling factor ;) haha!

MK4 H&R 50MM SPRINGS FOR SALE £100 BRAND NEW

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #15 on: 19 September 2010, 15:57 »
Get on E38 loads of people have run Bentley rims, not sure if they were genuine or reps though
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 20 September 2010, 00:23 »
wtf????

I would seriously change why?

Mate you come on here with 34 posts telling me to change my body garage? I have spent just short of 4k tubbing, fabricating, strengthening, and spraying a FULL wide arch kit! So please mate... dont condescend me about arch work! I talk you to the floor about it! 
If you think you can do the arch work with a little "imagination" go and do it mate, go an get your hammer and smash the arches out for a nice bit of flare! Should look awesome!!!!

You have just stated that £1,000 for tyres is not much??? Thats ludicrous! That is a serious amount of money to spend on tyres!  They will be your average, sh!te in water tyres that will not do the job for that price aswell!

I just did a very quick search, and from looking premium tyres for bentley wheels cost between £350 to $450 a tyre!!!

http://www.national.co.uk/tyres-size-search.aspx?V=1063904

« Last Edit: 21 September 2010, 23:39 by jake »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #17 on: 20 September 2010, 08:58 »
True i have to agree with that one even mr rhyso jumped ship into an audi  :grin:

what audi?
A3 sportback 2.0 tdi s-line  :smiley:

This one
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=166206.0

Rhyso is just gonna have constant DPF problems which will wind him up, I don't believe for a second newer cars are any more reliable than our old bangers lol :) Just warranty to fall back on :)

Not the way I drive I won't  :tongue: :grin: :grin:

Anyhoo - as already said the wheels are going to take serious modification to even get them close to fitting

Sell up and roll in the cash  :grin: :grin:

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
« Reply #18 on: 20 September 2010, 15:59 »
wtf????

I would seriously change why?

Mate you come on here with 34 posts telling me to change my body garage? I have spent just short of 4k tubbing, fabricating, strengthening, and spraying a FULL wide arch kit! So please mate... dont condescend me about arch work! I talk you to the floor about it! 
If you think you can do the arch work with a little "imagination" go and do it mate, go an get your hammer and smash the arches out for a nice bit of flare! Should look awesome!!!!

Ur comments proper peed me off! Naive people like yourself who come on forums thinking they know everthing from of the off! these places are to get advice, advice which obvsiously you struggle to digest! I have been building this track car for 3 years, researching, planning investing,  you have been on here 3 mins and you know more than the people trying to help you?

You have just stated that £1,000 for tyres is not much??? Thats ludicrous! That is a serious amount of money to spend on tyres!  They will be your average, sh!te in water tyres that will not do the job for that price aswell!

I just did a very quick search, and from looking premium tyres for bentley wheels cost between £350 to $450 a tyre!!!

http://www.national.co.uk/tyres-size-search.aspx?V=1063904

if you cant take friendly advice, which is what i tried to give you why don't you take yourself and daddys bentley wheels somewhere else  :wink:

Jake - You seriously need to calm down mate. this lad was asking for advice in his first post. yeh he told you to change bodyshop based on your estimate and i would have said the same to as i know it wouldnt cost that much to fabricate the arches to suit. To get standard arches rolled costs around £100 per arch.

Yes you have paid someone to do your arch work and fabrication etc etc, but that still doesnt make you an expert either mate. Just chill a little, yes youve had some nice work done to your car, people see that and say how well it looks. Just calm down mate its only a post.

you mention about friendly advice, you didnt really reply to his question, you just went off on something else mentioning about costs of tyres. Im sure he knows as his dad owns the bloody car. Come on mate, posts like that dont make good reading.

Personally i would say they would fit, yes may cost abit but what doesnt.

« Last Edit: 20 September 2010, 16:03 by Hulmie »

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 20 September 2010, 16:17 »
To be honest mate i don't need to calm down! I know the area im talking about! If i didn't i wouldnt talk about, advise on it, nor get so passionate about it.

Rolling arches? how is that even used as a metaphor? My arches have been cut off up to the windows? Half the chassis has been removed, tubbed and strengthened? But again... my car is irrelevant to this conversation! Whether people like my car or not that is not on topic.

And i've not just handed over money and said please make this for me! i work on the car every day!

So someone basically saying to me "change body garage" does offend me, as it insinuates i have been ripped off! I know the market well enough not to get ripped off! And i don't appreciate someone saying that!
Seeing Bentley wheels on a mk4 would be epic, as i always push people on here to be creative and think outside the box, as i dont believe in trends!

Forums are for advice, discussions, dis-agreements, agreements! that is what forums are for! So good reading or not? If we all sat here all day brown nosing the hell out of each other what a drab place it would be!

I have been honest, maybe brutal! But im not taking sh!t off someone who has been on here 5 minutes

Jake
« Last Edit: 20 September 2010, 16:20 by jake »