Author Topic: Big bumper / arches kits  (Read 10222 times)

Veedubgt18v

Re:Big bumper / arches kits
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2004, 14:53 »
prob 40ish a pair, it depends were you got tho

Offline dubslug

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2004, 19:35 »
i paid 50 for mine i got done lol

1992 pearl grey 8v

Offline JMallows

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2004, 17:30 »
If u get a kit with fog lights u will need to take the scuttle(? dunno if thats its name) off again this is just bolted on with i think its 5 10mm bolts(could be wrong)remember to replace the middle bolt as this is a support

Please explain which bit you mean... i just put big bumpers on, but dont know which bit your talking about, and i'm not sure therefore if i've removed it?

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #13 on: 23 May 2004, 20:13 »
it the bit of metal that runs  between the bottom of the wings at the front. big bumper models dont have it and you can take it off quite easily cos it isnt load bearing, its the bit that the front splitter is bolted to when you had little bumpers.

the scuttle is the bit underneath the windscreen that holds the ecu/wiper motors etc

the bit you wanna take off is called a valance
« Last Edit: 23 May 2004, 20:13 by Veedubgti8v »

Offline JMallows

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2004, 09:00 »
Don't think i took that off, does that matter?! Incidentally Can you make the bumpoers fit using the old clips?

Fielder5757

« Reply #15 on: 24 May 2004, 10:02 »
yes, But you ill have a few problems, One of my wings didnt have the two holes in, So i cut one of the mounts in half and just let it clip on at the top, Looks sorta sh!tty and i really need to spend some time with the car during the summer tidying it up  :-[

Offline JMallows

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2004, 17:19 »
Well, i have an old golf so it didn't have the extra hole. But i just slid it on using the small bumper clip to get a feel for how it looked, you know before i fitted it, and the clip held it fine. Not particularly wanting to drill a big hole, i fitted it using the small bumper clip. Its held on fine, can't push it down, pull it outwards etc... But, it can lift up. I don't really think this would matter, would it?! Also, i got pattern parts, and could only get one bolt in on each side. Does this sound like a recipe for disaster?!

Fielder5757

« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2004, 00:56 »
Na, Thats how mine is for now, But you do get fed up with having to push it back in now and then

Offline JMallows

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 25 May 2004, 10:22 »
As of yet, i haven't had to push it back in! It dont look too bad, i dont think using the proper clips would make a difference except being able to lif it up. Probably won't bother now.

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #19 on: 25 May 2004, 19:02 »
ohmygod!  :o you need to put all four front bolts in because they form the mount that supports the front of the engine!  :o you are taking a serious risk if you dont! you need to support the engine under the sump or front mount when removing the front bumper.

sort those bolts out sharpish!  :o