Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 787384 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #70 on: 16 October 2013, 22:48 »
Norbreck what a fantastic resource this is. Excellent work. Its made me want to go and buy one of the official cables now.

Anyone recommend one at a decent price or a decent dealer?

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #71 on: 17 October 2013, 05:15 »
Basically yes. Irrespective on which method you have chosen for them folding i.e. either via the action of locking the car via the key fob / KESSY, or manually via the folding mirror position on the mirror adjusting switch,

does it mean that the side mirrors can be folded/unfolded via pressing the remote key fob (lock/unlock)?
if so, any chance to have the steps?
many thanks.......  :rolleyes:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 17 October 2013, 06:25 »
If you select the option "fold when parked" from the cars "mirrors" menus, then locking the car (either via key fob or KESSY), causes the mirrors to fold on locking. Unfortunately unlocking the car doesn't fold them out again. This only happens when the ignition is turned on, and currently there seems to be no way to change this.

Of course there is also the option of disabling the "fold when parked" option, which means the mirrors just fold and open when the mirror switch is moved to the appropriate position.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #73 on: 17 October 2013, 07:35 »

Anyone recommend one at a decent price or a decent dealer?

If you just want it for your car, buy it via Gendan

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCMC.html

I have the micro can but haven't confirmed that it works yet. Will do so later... although I do have an email from Ross-Tech support saying that it does.

Tech Support referred your question to the sales team.  The answer is that we expect to make the MicroCAN able to speak with the Golf 7.  However, we are not going to "see" the Golf 7 in the US until sometime in 2014.    That means, at the moment, the MicroCAN does not speak to Golf 7.  We do know that the HEX+CAN style interface does "speak" but does so with very limited support.   Our colleagues in Germany are trying to get full access to one so that we can begin the work on it. 

To get any data from a Golf 7 right now, one must use the most recent Beta version of VCDS because of it's support for the UDS/ODX protocols.  Unfortunately, we do not know all the details and until such time as we get our hands on one, we are not going to be able to add a lot of support.  By 2014 mid-year, I would expect our support to be much more full but .... that still remains to be seen.  One never knows what surprises the VAG engineers have placed in the new models.

There is now a full release to replace the Beta software. The micro is £55 cheaper than the hex too.
« Last Edit: 17 October 2013, 10:52 by DougL »
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #74 on: 17 October 2013, 08:06 »
Because I'm such a nice guy  :laugh:, I made a small video of the puddle lights enabled during the whole mirror closing process for anyone that's interested ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58190042@N03/10323827805/

BTW, rather than link the video, is there a way to embed within the thread ?

What I did find last night when I enabled this was 2 things.

1) in the English version of VCDS I have (12.12.0), there are no labels on the Bytes in the label files like they are shown in my earlier image. On the German Version they are there as someone translated them. In any case, just go into long code helper and untick Byte 1, Bit 5 and you are done

2) this needs to be enables for either door controller. Seemed a bit weird last night when I just did the drivers door one, and that stayed on, but the passenger one didn't, until I realised that bit 5 needs to be deactivated within both door controllers.
« Last Edit: 17 October 2013, 08:13 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #75 on: 17 October 2013, 08:52 »
If you select the option "fold when parked" from the cars "mirrors" menus, then locking the car (either via key fob or KESSY), causes the mirrors to fold on locking. Unfortunately unlocking the car doesn't fold them out again. This only happens when the ignition is turned on, and currently there seems to be no way to change this.

Of course there is also the option of disabling the "fold when parked" option, which means the mirrors just fold and open when the mirror switch is moved to the appropriate position.

thanks ...... just realised the function is there .....! stupid me!  :cry:
[previous car was MK5 1.6 FSi, auto mirror function not available] 
« Last Edit: 17 October 2013, 09:04 by VW_rabbiter »

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #76 on: 17 October 2013, 08:54 »
I'll have a quick look later.

Hi Norbeck21a..... did you have a chance to look at the turn signal adjustment? (think this is a mint feature to have...)  :rolleyes:

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #77 on: 17 October 2013, 10:49 »
Just found confirmation that Micro-Can does work on the MQB platform cars including our Mk7s

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/Micro-CAN.html
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #78 on: 17 October 2013, 11:11 »
Because I'm such a nice guy  :laugh:, I made a small video of the puddle lights enabled during the whole mirror closing process for anyone that's interested ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58190042@N03/10323827805/

BTW, rather than link the video, is there a way to embed within the thread ?

What I did find last night when I enabled this was 2 things.

1) in the English version of VCDS I have (12.12.0), there are no labels on the Bytes in the label files like they are shown in my earlier image. On the German Version they are there as someone translated them. In any case, just go into long code helper and untick Byte 1, Bit 5 and you are done

2) this needs to be enables for either door controller. Seemed a bit weird last night when I just did the drivers door one, and that stayed on, but the passenger one didn't, until I realised that bit 5 needs to be deactivated within both door controllers.

Thanks for the vid, looks like the puddle lights are yellow in colour, is this easily corrected?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #79 on: 17 October 2013, 11:44 »
Actually they are super white LED's, it's just the cameras white balance was off and the fact that most of the ambient lighting was provided by our works sodium security light.