Author Topic: Lens micro-adjust  (Read 1679 times)

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
Re: Lens micro-adjust
« Reply #10 on: 19 March 2013, 21:16 »
Have you tried shooting faster than 1/300? Although you're ISO is high and that won't help sharpness.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 24 March 2013, 12:24 »
It's a shame they disabled the ability to use the Canon software API to perform Micro adjustments as I have just managed to use the API to connect and take a picture using my Canon 5dmk3. Otherwise you could programmically make it do the adjustments. I was looking at Magic Lantern, but the 5d mk3 is only in alpha stages.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 24 March 2013, 17:02 »
Yeah ML does it all for you.

You could use FoCal

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 25 March 2013, 17:50 »
Have you used magic lantern then?
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 25 March 2013, 18:38 »
Nope, not sure it's available for my 7D.

Don't really want to mess with stuff like that either.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 25 March 2013, 20:19 »
I am certainly not jumping on that band wagon inside of the 5Dmk3's warranty. I was just looking to get the best out of my lenses, I have always been a little suspect of my 16-35mm mk2. I have found that a -1 on wide and -2 on narrow seems to work better.

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 26 March 2013, 07:19 »
Maybe try Focal as suggested.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 26 March 2013, 19:47 »
It doesn't do a full auto adjustment, which mean button pressing and potential movement. especially on the zoom lens.