Author Topic: MW3  (Read 19019 times)

Offline bricey

• I live here
  • One of a few with a PROPER engine
MW3
« on: 03 November 2011, 06:14 »
Not long know,
will be at blockbuster at 11.30pm to oick mine up,then i booked the 8t off :grin:
DOLPHIN TRAINER

Offline Reasty

• I live here
  • Alpine white valver.
Re: MW3
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2011, 08:03 »
Looking forward to this but it's gonna have to be epic to put a shadow over battlefield 3.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2011, 09:52 »
Always been a COD player, but for the first time ever I brought Battlefield last week and have to say it feels far superior to COD

From the graphics, epic maps, sounds and the fact every lobby is not full of 10 years shouting racial abuse down their mics.

I have MW3 pre ordered and will give it a go, but BF3 really has me hooked, be strange going back to playing on tiny maps and not being able to jump in a tank and blow up a building with a camper inside.

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2011, 10:12 »
COD2 was a great launch title, but much of the same.

COD3 was a step backwards, and in my opinion - terrible.

COD4 was a breath of fresh air.

COD:WAW was great single player wise, but awful multiplayer wise.

COD:MW2 felt rushed, but spec ops was fun. Didn't feel like a new game, just COD4 1.5.

COD:BLACK OPS felt like the most complete package. I mean what more can they add?

So i'm really not sure what to expect with MW3.

Offline raptorSE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2011, 10:22 »
Ive pre ordered it does look good. I loved black ops  :cool:
Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2011, 10:23 »
Not sure I can be bothered with this one.

Nick

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
« Reply #6 on: 03 November 2011, 10:25 »

Nick

That's how i feel to be honest.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 03 November 2011, 10:39 »

Nick

Same, even though I have it pre-ordered.

All the videos I have seen online , it really does look very much the same as MW2. Nothing really changed.

Couple of things they have changed are bad points imo. Like taking away the emblem creator. I loved that on Black Ops, being able to design your own emblem, now we are going back to the silly icons from MW2..step back I think.

Another one is on the scoreboard..in Black Ops, while playing objective games like Capture the Flag and Domination, it would say how many flags you captured/defended ect..so people knew how well you played the objective. But of course, IW have taken that away and left it just showing kills and deaths..so once again people will care just about the kill death ratio.

That is another thing BF3 has over MW. Playing conquest last night, I had 5 kills and 12 deaths but had over 3000 points and finished 2nd, as I went for the objectives and was rewarded so.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #8 on: 03 November 2011, 11:08 »

Nick

Same, even though I have it pre-ordered.

All the videos I have seen online , it really does look very much the same as MW2. Nothing really changed.

Couple of things they have changed are bad points imo. Like taking away the emblem creator. I loved that on Black Ops, being able to design your own emblem, now we are going back to the silly icons from MW2..step back I think.

Another one is on the scoreboard..in Black Ops, while playing objective games like Capture the Flag and Domination, it would say how many flags you captured/defended ect..so people knew how well you played the objective. But of course, IW have taken that away and left it just showing kills and deaths..so once again people will care just about the kill death ratio.

That is another thing BF3 has over MW. Playing conquest last night, I had 5 kills and 12 deaths but had over 3000 points and finished 2nd, as I went for the objectives and was rewarded so.

As above. I properly sucked last night on some conquest maps if you were to just look at my K/D ratio. However, being a medic allowed me to rack up over 4k points as I was dropping aid bags and putting my defibrilator pads to good use (even tried to zap and enemy to death, although it appeared to have no effect... I could have missed though) and so the XP gained was a good reward for this.

I think that BF3 is much more teamwork based, you just cannot go and run and gun and be a lone ranger like MW3 seems to promote. If you play with that mind set then it becomes much more enjoyable to play.

On a side note I took my sniping long range shot to a new level last night with a HS @ 350m. Woot.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 03 November 2011, 11:53 »
I was a die hard cod fan but since BF3 and the fact spec ops was nothing special in my book i can't be botherd with this one.