Author Topic: Best headlight bulbs  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: Best headlight bulbs
« Reply #10 on: 17 September 2021, 13:13 »
My 2014 GTI headlights are fine now I have raised them to the correct level. From the factory they were dangerously low with the abrupt cut off only about 10ft in front of the car.

Offline DCmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 17 September 2021, 13:29 »
My 2014 GTI headlights are fine now I have raised them to the correct level. From the factory they were dangerously low with the abrupt cut off only about 10ft in front of the car.

I had noticed that exact same issue with my car too. The lights albeit well lit focused/aimed too close to the front of the car. On dark roads it barely lit up any range

2014 Mk7 GTI - Littco L500

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2021, 16:19 »

Also going to get that done, going to take it to an MOT test and ask for them to raise as high as possible within the law.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 18 September 2021, 20:24 »
Managed to change them over today, despite it being a bit of a ballache to do I eventually got there. I would say that they look MUCH brighter but honestly that could be placebo, I didn't take a solid mental note of what the old ones where like.

But from what I can tell they project much further into the road than the stock bulbs.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI