Author Topic: Insurance - anyone else getting daft quotes this year?  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Insurance - anyone else getting daft quotes this year?
« Reply #30 on: 20 August 2022, 13:28 »
I'm 66, 10+ NCD, live in W Sussex, with a 7.5 TCR, 5K a year mileage.  I use comparison sites every year and back in January I moved to Flow fully comp for £220, inc legal cover.

That's really cheap!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Online SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 20 August 2022, 14:05 »
I'm 66, 10+ NCD, live in W Sussex, with a 7.5 TCR, 5K a year mileage.  I use comparison sites every year and back in January I moved to Flow fully comp for £220, inc legal cover.

That's really cheap!

Yes, it is. I think Flow is owned by LV and the business model for Flow is a digital, online self service type of model. It doesn’t use a call centre, so Flow’s expense overhead will presumably be lower compared to an insurer that uses a call centre, so those lower expenses can be reflected in the premium.

It’s similar to Aviva’s Quote me Happy brand which also uses a digital online only business model, and arranging insurance through Flow, Quote me Happy or similar might not suit everyone; with no call centre to take referrals, I doubt they’d insure vehicles with modifications.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 20 August 2022, 14:53 »

That's really cheap!

Yes, it is. I think Flow is owned by LV and the business model for Flow is a digital, online self service type of model. It doesn’t use a call centre, so Flow’s expense overhead will presumably be lower compared to an insurer that uses a call centre, so those lower expenses can be reflected in the premium.

It’s similar to Aviva’s Quote me Happy brand which also uses a digital online only business model, and arranging insurance through Flow, Quote me Happy or similar might not suit everyone; with no call centre to take referrals, I doubt they’d insure vehicles with modifications.

Yes, they're owned by LV. I snapped their hand off to pay when I got the quote. It was like for like against previous cover with £250 compulsory XS and I chose £0 voluntary XS. Perhaps a loss leader maybe, hoping I renew in January without noticing the inevitable uplift.
Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen

Offline karlos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 20 August 2022, 17:04 »
I renewed with LV in June for £233 which was £16 more than last year. 47 years old, semi-rural North Wales, 12 years no claims, 8k miles a year, no convictions and the missus as a named driver.

LV seem like a decent company too. A number of years ago I had a car that was written off by driver insured by them, not only did they pay out 20% above book price without any quibble but they also let me keep the car which I drove for another year before finally scrapping it.
2017 (67) GTI PP DSG. Tungsten Silver with DCC, Art Velours, Dynaudio, Climate Screen, Tints, Keyless, Rear Camera, Lane Assist, Seville wheels.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 24 August 2022, 13:47 »
Renewed my insurance today. I liked Brentacre but have stuck with my existing broker, A-Plan. They squeezed another £50 off the quote plus their excess was £100 less. Easy to deal with and very helpful over the phone.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.