Author Topic: Will be getting a golf gti mk7.5 or mk8 dsg  (Read 1313 times)

Offline tanabe

• Just got here
Will be getting a golf gti mk7.5 or mk8 dsg
« on: 30 July 2022, 15:02 »
Hi my name is john (Tanabe) I’m just about to start my VW journey  :evil:
Having been into the Japanese side of cars for along time (I’m old) but i find the Jap cars don’t have DSG (i need auto box) and i don’t want a rubber band gearbox any more.
Wanting something fast and not to big i have settled for a GTI pp MK7.5 or 8, i think the R will be to much and possibly not be the best Daily Driver, my wife does the driving, because she gets travel sick if she does not. (am i the only person with that problem)
So I’m old 50 odd, my wife likes to drive, but I get to chose the car, OH I really do not like the tartan seats its got to be  leather only
Hi :smiley:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Will be getting a golf gti mk7.5 or mk8 dsg
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2022, 09:54 »
Welcome John  :smiley:

An interesting dilemma.
Hopefully you’ll bond with a VW after a lifetime of Japanese cars. Sometimes these things are more than skin deep.

You might be lucky to find a 7.5 with the rare option of alcantara microfibre seats so you don’t have to limit your choice to the leather.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Nilz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2022, 14:51 »
Welcome John

I was in the same dilemma recently on whether to go for the R or the 7.5 gti PP, I chose the latter. My wife wasn't keen on the tartan seats either but luckily the one we got had the black Vienna leathers with red stitching.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 05 November 2022, 13:05 »
Nothing wrong with an R as a daily. It's very civil and easy to drive as you'd expect from a Golf... Its just if you boot it it goes and goes... But don't imagine it's a headbanger like a type R.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC