Author Topic: Electric window has a mind of its own?  (Read 2663 times)

Offline GriffsUp

• Just got here
Electric window has a mind of its own?
« on: 25 August 2022, 06:19 »
Hi all.

Just wondered if anyone had encountered anything similar before - my passenger side electric window (MK3 Golf GTI) doesn't work via the switch, but will open by itself when one of the car doors is opened, and will usually (but not always) close by itself when I start the ignition, or when a door is closed.

I'm assuming it's just going to be a wiring issue/dodgy connection or something as the motor itself obviously still works, and neither of the switches (Driver/Passenger door) work so it's very unlikely they both went at the same time.

Any advice, please let me know!

Thanks, Griff.

Offline LexyStom

• Just got here
Re: Electric window has a mind of its own?
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2022, 04:54 »
I think that I can help on this one, as I have the same problem on my 2007 T5, it was my drivers side window that would not work except when it wanted to, but the passenger side would go down on it's own as you were driving. One day my son rode up to me on his bike and we talked through the open window, unexpectedly it began to close. I realized that it was getting dangerous and decided to do something.
I replaced drivers side window winder and all was well. Cost about 90 quid from VW. I hope that this helps you.
All the best, InWales.
« Last Edit: 30 September 2022, 07:34 by LexyStom »