Author Topic: EXTRAS  (Read 2748 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: EXTRAS
« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2022, 15:44 »
Deal breakers for me are headlights. The IQ lights on our Tig are brilliant. Not as powerful as the Lazer spot lights on my Transporter, but they are only any good on main beam with no other traffic in range.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2022, 16:46 »
Deal breakers for me are headlights. The IQ lights on our Tig are brilliant. Not as powerful as the Lazer spot lights on my Transporter, but they are only any good on main beam with no other traffic in range.

Matrix IQ is standard on UK performance Mk8's.

It is a great thing - the Xenons on my Mk7 were great, the LED's on the Mk7.5 were better, the IQ lights on the Mk8 are stonking.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline coffeecup

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 30 May 2022, 17:33 »
Can't say I'm bothered about headlights, or reversing camera, or heated seats, or heated steering wheel. Nice wheels and sunroof would be OK though.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #13 on: 30 May 2022, 21:35 »
Well iq lights and heated steering wheel are standard on a mk8 gti... So you don't need to hunt for those you'll get them anyway.

Wheels were a bit limited, standard 18 inch swastikas or adelaides.

Sun roof wasn't common on the original dealer stock order cars (which is what the 20 & 21 plate ones will be!)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2022, 22:28 »
Yeah, having headlights is an MOT requirement so you’re kinda stuck with them  :whistle:  :laugh:
Once tried you’d never want to be without a heated steering wheel again. It’s nearly June and I’m still using the heater element some days. There’s no going back…

Wheels are the easiest thing ever to retro-fit and you get to choose your own rubber that way too, so will be free of the concrete reinforced Bridgestones if you go OEM 18” to A N Other.
Michelins at around 38 PSI even on 19’s and you won’t need DCC unless you belong on a Citroën forum.

Sunroof, that might be the tricky one.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2022, 08:08 »

Matrix IQ is standard on UK performance Mk8's.

I didn't know that. Shows how behind the times I am.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.