Author Topic: Car Rejected  (Read 1440 times)

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
Car Rejected
« on: 02 August 2022, 13:36 »
Hi all,

After 18 months of miserable 'ownership' of my Mk8 GTI, i have formally rejected it and its going back asap!

The car has been plagued with software issues that still havent been resolved and VWFS have now stopped the 20% discount so enough is enough!

Ordered a BMW i4 eDrive40 as a replacement which works out cheaper than the GTI when put through salary sacrifice.

Always been a GTI fan, but the MK8 is a dog! poor software, ill thought out dash and poor build quality! Cant wait to get rid of it to be honest!

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
Re: Car Rejected
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2022, 20:29 »
My GTI is great, absolutely love it, it replaced my 2020 M135i xDrive, the BMW was a really well built, quality machine, but boy was it Dull! My GTI is a 2022MY though, therefore I’ve never experienced the earlier software versions, had I have done so I’d likely have a different opinion, ideally a Mk8 bodied M135i would be  ideal as long as it had the most recent M135i chassis improvements, mine had the early chassis set up and was terrible!
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2022, 13:57 »
19+ months in, still on the launch software and I’ve not had anything other than occasional sporadic short lived weirdness (usually when the car has been parked half in sunlight and half in shade) which generally resets after a lock - unlock.

It is hugely frustrating when a car doesn’t behave and requires endless trips to dealerships (who rarely fill you with confidence).
Good luck with the i4, it should at least work properly!
I also had an F40 M135i X similar to carlosfandangio which I enjoyed. Mine was an early one (picked up as an ex-showroom car with just a few hundred miles on it for £11k discount off list! Doubt there are deals for 7 month old cars like that anymore) and I didn’t realise there were chassis revisions to them. Mine was pretty good as was and very solid. The i4 should be a lot more so and looks great too.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Tony Jazz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2022, 18:12 »
Hello,
My long running thread is in the Softwear update pages; its now been in my local VW dealership for 7 weeks waiting for a part from Germany to arrive!
The Dealership are doing what they can but they know how disappointed I am.
Trying hard to enjoy the Mk8 GTI but after 18months and 3 recalls, I'm starting to wonder what's going wrong at VW?
Will wait for your updates with interest. Good luck and I hope its a pain free process.
BMW; nice but have you seen the new Honda Civic Type R?
Just saying!

Mk 8 GTI DSG.
Moonstone Grey.
Purchased new in Nov 2020 by me.
Accessories:
Racing Line RL360 Gunmetal Grey 19"Alloys. Tyres are new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6. Both fitted 20/10/23.
Racing Line R600 Air filter system/hoses.
Racing Line High Performance Ignition Packs {Red}.

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2022, 21:10 »
19+ months in, still on the launch software and I’ve not had anything other than occasional sporadic short lived weirdness (usually when the car has been parked half in sunlight and half in shade) which generally resets after a lock - unlock.

It is hugely frustrating when a car doesn’t behave and requires endless trips to dealerships (who rarely fill you with confidence).
Good luck with the i4, it should at least work properly!
I also had an F40 M135i X similar to carlosfandangio which I enjoyed. Mine was an early one (picked up as an ex-showroom car with just a few hundred miles on it for £11k discount off list! Doubt there are deals for 7 month old cars like that anymore) and I didn’t realise there were chassis revisions to them. Mine was pretty good as was and very solid. The i4 should be a lot more so and looks great too.
https://drives.today/news/497/cars/refreshed-2022-bmw-m135i-xdrive-f40/votren-de-este.html
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 05 August 2022, 06:00 »
https://drives.today/news/497/cars/refreshed-2022-bmw-m135i-xdrive-f40/votren-de-este.html

Thanks for the link :afro:
Interesting reading, a few significant changes gone on there.
I think the new paint colours are cool too. Hopefully the yellow doesn’t still come with the bronze mirrors and nostrils!  :sick:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner