Author Topic: Upgrading From KO3s to KO4 - (Doing It Now, Just Fitted Front Mount)  (Read 10205 times)

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
Anybody done this, what did you have to upgrade apart from the following:

turbo
downpipe
manifold
injectors
oil & water feeds

When changed over will the car run without a KO4 map? Who is the best person to get a map done by? I have got a map done for my KO3s will the KO4 enough for gentle daily use until the KO4 map is done (a week)

Thanks

I know alot of guys have done it on uk mkiv's just havent signed up to that yet
« Last Edit: 14 May 2008, 16:48 by Ashmond »
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
Re: Upgrading From KO3s to KO4..
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2008, 11:06 »
im lookin into that as well ash but i will be goin from the k03 not the k03s

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2008, 11:16 »
You'll need to do some tweaking with the boost hoses, you'll see why when you offer it all up. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle since you have a custom fmic anyway.

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2008, 12:00 »
You'll need to do some tweaking with the boost hoses, you'll see why when you offer it all up. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle since you have a custom fmic anyway.

What do you mean tweaking and which hoses? Will I need to get a new charge pipe made up? Havent got the front mount fitted yet so probably going to do this all in one hit.

Does anybody know about Downpipe, any difficulties there?
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2008, 13:29 »
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #5 on: 24 April 2008, 14:17 »
You seen this guide, Ash?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3562254

reminds me of the A-Team, was half expecting the car to come out looking like a JCB with some sheet metal on the front  :laugh:

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 24 April 2008, 14:23 »
That guide is the nuts! Sweet cheers, I have got all those parts coming, which is good!

Custom code said £450 to remap my car to 280-290 odd brake, that seems like alot to me though if im honest  :huh:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #7 on: 24 April 2008, 14:35 »
280 is achievable with no cat. Too lazy to read the guide but for that power you ideally want S3 injectors or bigger.

Offline GTi-Matt

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 24 April 2008, 15:50 »
it'll be worth it tho mate and if IIRC u will be the 1st on here to do!!! :afro:
I must warn you I'm about as decisive as a 5 yr old in a sweet shop!!  :grin:

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #9 on: 24 April 2008, 16:00 »
That guide is the nuts! Sweet cheers, I have got all those parts coming, which is good!

Custom code said £450 to remap my car to 280-290 odd brake, that seems like alot to me though if im honest  :huh:

Does seem a little high - The S3 BAM's usually re-map to 265ish, but I don't know if that's with stock everything else??

Mapped S3's have a real appetite for clutches, though, so you may want to upgrade that if you haven't already?!
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0