Author Topic: how to fit a fmic  (Read 10490 times)

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
Re: how to fit a fmic
« Reply #10 on: 12 February 2010, 12:15 »
tbh ash you dont need a FMIC if your running a stage 1 remap the side mount is just as good

Offline alex160

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 12 February 2010, 12:34 »
Ive been told different, ive been told the fmic will make a big difference even with a stage 1 map and is well worth doing.  :undecided:
2001 Golf GT TDi  150bhp/ 250 ftIb torque  *No smoke, No poke*
Jamex coilovers, 8k HID's, 18" RS6 alloys, Pipercross panel filter. Stage 1 Revo remap.THS FR3 engine mounts, Anniversary headlamps. GTI rear spoiler, Miltek largebore decat/downpipe, Pro-speed cat back exhaust system (V6 4mo style tailpipes) *SOLD*

2002 Golf GT TDi 130. Allard egr removal kit, 18" Audi rs6 alloy wheels. Mk5 rear aero wiper.gen R32 roof spoiler, JOM coilovers, JOM heavy duty adj droplinks

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 12 February 2010, 12:46 »
i think you've been miss-informed then alex! what's this big difference you've been told?

Offline raptorSE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 12 February 2010, 13:46 »
Im sure they wont perform aswell as a Forge front mount either you get what you pay for. I personally would rather buy the one thats made by a reputable company and built to fit the car properly. How many times have people brought cheap tuing parts and lived to regret it stick to well made parts by known companies and you will have a much more reliable car that performs as it should.
Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 12 February 2010, 13:48 »
spot on raptor :wink:

Offline raptorSE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 12 February 2010, 14:18 »
Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline ashw831

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 12 February 2010, 14:47 »
will have a think, as i can drive my car how i want and the temp gauge doesnt reach 90 at all!! sits bout quarter of the way up.. dont know if that is the cold weather but sitll think it manages to stay cool nicley.  :cool:

Offline Purely VAG

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 12 February 2010, 14:47 »
Yeah the universal ones are not very good mate. Mines fitted and fine but took a day messing about with it then waiting on pipework. I'd do some searching see if you can see some proven results on these. If you ever do go for the cheap one, make sure you get one with at least 2.5" piping. Don't use the sh!t silicone you get with some and clamps can sometimes be crap.

End of the day the Forge is better.

EDIT: FMIC doesn't cool your engine down, it cools intake air temperature down, air is denser when colder. more air/more fuel/Bigger bang.

And your engine temp should reach 90 mate, i'd look into that as its not a good thing that engine isn't warming up. Thermostat or Engine temp sensor, Vag com check. Good places to start
« Last Edit: 12 February 2010, 14:50 by JordyGTI »

✉ Jrd@PurelyVAG.co.uk // www.PurelyVAG.co.uk

Offline ashw831

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 12 February 2010, 15:10 »
Yeah the universal ones are not very good mate. Mines fitted and fine but took a day messing about with it then waiting on pipework. I'd do some searching see if you can see some proven results on these. If you ever do go for the cheap one, make sure you get one with at least 2.5" piping. Don't use the sh!t silicone you get with some and clamps can sometimes be crap.

EDIT: FMIC doesn't cool your engine down, it cools intake air temperature down, air is denser when colder. more air/more fuel/Bigger bang.

And your engine temp should reach 90 mate, i'd look into that as its not a good thing that engine isn't warming up. Thermostat or Engine temp sensor, Vag com check. Good places to start

Oh will have to look in to that then, i didnt think was bad..... would any of the above effect the mpg, as i drive motorways everyday and i cant get it to go above 34/34.5 at 65 mph????

Thanks Jordy!!

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 12 February 2010, 17:11 »

Oh will have to look in to that then, i didnt think was bad..... would any of the above effect the mpg, as i drive motorways everyday and i cant get it to go above 34/34.5 at 65 mph????

Thanks Jordy!!

Ive had to replace both and now get a decent MPG where as i didnt before, think its due to the car over-fuelling to warm car up and it obviously doesnt stop because it never does reach its temperature. Think this is how it works  :laugh:
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19