Author Topic: FPR Pipes  (Read 2145 times)

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
  • "what doesnt kill me makes me stronger"
Re: FPR Pipes
« Reply #10 on: 21 February 2012, 17:01 »
here''s my pod and boost gauge and voltage meter pod came from modworld on ebay. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

and here is some of the silicone hose i have left over which is about a meter's worth so should easy replace all the pipes around that area if silicone hose can take the heat that is.

black 5 door 18t aum engine with 19" lm reps and homemade induction, awesome forge 007p,pressed plates, pillar mounted boost and voltage gauge.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #11 on: 21 February 2012, 19:12 »
How close is the blue to the dash lights mate?

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 21 February 2012, 19:55 »
i hunted everywhere for a blue gauge really hard to find in blue but these are quite close to be honest, come up to bright in pics but look good in the flesh im happy with them if only i could take a pic that showed true colour at night as can only get a daylight pic with true colour, but both gauges for £70 im happy with them voltage gauge is very good aswell im well impressed just didnt like tubing boost gauge came with which was hard plastic and to short and modified to silicone which is much better. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260862358064?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330542418821?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200690223247?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
black 5 door 18t aum engine with 19" lm reps and homemade induction, awesome forge 007p,pressed plates, pillar mounted boost and voltage gauge.

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 21 February 2012, 20:21 »
silicone hose should be fine around the area you are wanting to put mine as been on for well over a year and no signs of heat wear on it  :wink:

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 21 February 2012, 21:11 »
silicone hose should be fine around the area you are wanting to put mine as been on for well over a year and no signs of heat wear on it  :wink:

nice when i get a spare 5 mins i will change the pipes to silicone then a bit more colour to the engine bay.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #15 on: 21 February 2012, 21:22 »
you've made my mind up to get those gauges for mine  :wink:

Not sure whether to get two though...

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 21 February 2012, 21:43 »
you've made my mind up to get those gauges for mine  :wink:

Not sure whether to get two though...

i had a toyota mr2 that had a voltage gauge in the dash as standard and found it quite usefull as car is only really a toy now and good to see condition of battery and how charging system is working, i was looking at pod that fits on steering cowling and was just going to buy a boost gauge then found this nicely fitting pillar pod and it sold it for me but gauges are very good for the money you wont be disapointed with them except modding the pipework for boost gauge but very easy to do but thats just me being picky may get it to fit i couldnt find a grommet to get into engine bay for it to reach, probably buy the plastic tubing from somewhere but ive always had boost gauges with either rubber hose or silicone so modded to take silicone so i know where i am. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: