Author Topic: focal speaker mk6 upgrade kit info  (Read 12636 times)

Offline elephantjuice

• Not said much yet
Re: focal speaker mk6 upgrade kit info
« Reply #30 on: 07 April 2014, 11:49 »
Sure thing, I'll get some snaps on my phone and posted when I get chance.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 07 April 2014, 12:13 »
Most of them there are ok, its the Dad (tall black guy) who thinks he's king dick.

Try to charge me a tenner for crimping two rings on, laughed at him and walked out.

what was the total cost for speakers and fitting.?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline elephantjuice

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 07 April 2014, 12:21 »
I know the chap you mean, only had a very brief chat but came across as a decent guy.

It was £270 to supply and fit.  I saw the kit was going for around £250 on Amazon at the tiem so thought that was fairly reasonable.

Offline elephantjuice

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 07 April 2014, 13:05 »
Pic of one of the tweeters:

Looks pretty smart imo.

Just realised I probably should've taken a 'wider' shot to compare against the rest of the cabin, will do this later.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 07 April 2014, 15:40 »
Yeah a wider shot would be handy thanks. Looks pretty good in that one to me though

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline ttdan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 07 April 2014, 20:25 »
I have these fitted. Easy to diy, takes an hour or so. Sound is excellent, everything a bit clearer and with more punch. Probably don't need a sub as well but that would be the icing on the cake. Using with the standard RNS510, you need to crank it a bit but the focals handle that without any issues.

Offline elephantjuice

• Not said much yet
« Reply #36 on: 08 April 2014, 09:47 »
Yeah a wider shot would be handy thanks. Looks pretty good in that one to me though

Not sure how useful these will be as I was struggling to get a good shot because it's so dark in the corner.  Hopefully enough to go on though:

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 08 April 2014, 18:56 »
Looks familiar, do you live in Saltaire. If your ever up in Wrose again give me a shout would love to hear these.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline elephantjuice

• Not said much yet
« Reply #38 on: 08 April 2014, 19:08 »
Close! I'm in Bingley but work in Shipley so literally just down the road.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 08 April 2014, 19:10 »
Close! I'm in Bingley but work in Shipley so literally just down the road.

I go to Nabwood sports center every Wednesday and Saturday, you ever about then?