Author Topic: My ABF 2.0 16v - Idle Problems  (Read 12184 times)

ShoCk

Re: My ABF 2.0 16v - Idle Problems
« Reply #10 on: 30 November 2007, 18:38 »
You've ruled out 90% of problems so far. As soon as this little niggle is sorted you're going to have a motor that runs spot on!

Quick one.. unplug the ISV and see if it does the same. Depending on how close you are to me in Rugby, i'd happily swap ISV with you to see if it's that causing the problem. They're a good £100 new so well worth checking first

Very true about the 'motor that runs spot on' ... considering ive changed nearly everything now ...

I'll update this thread regarding the ISV tommorow ... I sure hope its just the Throttle Potentiometer ... but if not, then I obviously know the ISV is the one to blame.

And their not £100 ... their in the region of £200+ ...

ShoCk

« Reply #11 on: 01 December 2007, 10:12 »
Put on the new Potentiometer still the same problem :( ... Cuts out as soon as my foots not on the gas.

I checked the idle control valve ... without having the breather pipe connected ... just on its own and it was buzzing when I had the key in the ignition. As soon as I connected up the breather pipe and tried again it wasn't buzzing any more !? tried several times, still no buzzing ...

Do you think its safe to say I got myself a faulty Idle Control Valve then? :( can some one just confirm that everytime they put their key in the ignition their ICV buzz's please??? Ive now replaced everything with new parts ... and the car actually went like a rocket when I took it for a spin today morning regardless of it stalling everytime I took my foot of the gas.

Offline Pete Taylor

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 01 December 2007, 10:15 »
The ISV should buzz when the key is turned yes. Definately consider trying a known working ISV from someone mate

ShoCk

« Reply #13 on: 01 December 2007, 10:25 »
Damn it ... I dont know any one with a ISV that I can borrow :(

Offline Pete Taylor

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 December 2007, 11:14 »
Have a hunt for a VW breakers near you?

ShoCk

« Reply #15 on: 01 December 2007, 22:14 »
Just quickly popped out to check the part number on my ISV as ive got my eye on eBay to locate a pre-owned one ... but guess what? the ISV started buzzing when I put my key in the ignition ... even if the idle control valve buzz's etc and sounds to be working can it still be at fault? and should it be buzzing when the cars actually running while I have my foot on the gas? as ive still yet to check and see if it does or not ...

ShoCk

« Reply #16 on: 02 December 2007, 13:37 »
Was wondering ... can the fuel pump and crank sensor be culprits of causing my car to stall ??

Offline DazVR6

• I live here
  • mk3 VR6...FEEL THE GRUNT.
« Reply #17 on: 03 December 2007, 17:12 »
The dreaded crank shaft position senser, it can cause your car to stall but more than likely it would also render the car undrivable as the car would eventually fail to start.

Hve you sorted the problems yet?

Also where did you get your performance leads from? want some nice blue ones for mine :cool:

ShoCk

« Reply #18 on: 03 December 2007, 17:27 »
My car starts and works as long as I give it gas ...

But Im confident its the idle control valve now since its meant to be buzzing all the time where as mine doesn't ... Ive bought a pre-owned one known to be in good working order off ebay for £30 so lets see what happens, i'll find out tommorow. Plus ive changed most of the culprits known to cause idle issues etc so lets see what happens ...

The leads were from FuelCat ... £79.50 and their nice and blue :) but dont fit in to the plastic cover as their 10mm in size and not 8.5mm

ShoCk

« Reply #19 on: 04 December 2007, 10:58 »
Just changed the idle control valve ... STILL THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( What on earth can it be!?

All that I can think of changing now is the bloody crank sensor.