Author Topic: Ecotek CB-26P  (Read 1641 times)

i-espedair

Ecotek CB-26P
« on: 25 July 2003, 19:48 »
When i bought my Mk3 R reg 8v the guy that owned it handed me the usual bag of bits he had accumilated from trial and error modding. One thing that did interest me was a small anodised part that looked like some kind of fuel filter.

After doing my research it turns out to be an Ecotek CB-26P. A part specially designed by rally teams to improve performance and fuel economy. It sits on your vacum hose close as can be to the manifold and bleeds in air at certain pressures. Apparently this creates a turbulance that provides a better combustion mix. Hence better performance, better fuel consumption.

Apparently they are so good they now fit a similar part to all new BMW M3s!!!

When i asked the previous owner about it he said he had in on there for about 10k, didn't really notice any difference and took it off coz it made a noise like an asmatic chicken every time you dropped the cluch.

However this is a man that had bolted a 200 quid magnex box to old VW pipe with a hole in it!

Wondered if anyone had any experience with these things as reading the web site the reviews and stats look very impressive. However it makes no mention of whether it affects engine life. The only adverse affect i could think of, is it may clog the throttle body as it pulls in dirty engine compartment air. However now they have designed a filter/silencer for it too.

These things are like 50 quid so i dont just wanna thro it out!

Web address for ecotek is http://www.ecotekplc.com

Opinions please...

Offline doghair

• GTI forum regular
  • mk3 gti 8v
Re:Ecotek CB-26P
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2003, 19:15 »
have a look back in the old logs in garage forum, I can remember some mk4s talking about them.

join the new fantasy league starts soon in chat tread