Author Topic: Clubsport Reviews  (Read 48865 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Clubsport Reviews
« Reply #340 on: 10 April 2021, 12:14 »
But they did comment that the ring mode may be suited to UK roads. That's what was interesting to me.

That's only that dcc on soft is better suited to UK roads....

While soft soaks up the bumps it also introduces wallowing, which to me is not what I want. I don't want to feel like I am at sea in a storm (I had a Renault 5 once that was like that) but equally I don't want to be shaken to bits (like the 128ti did). Somewhere in between is what you want and I'm leaning towards that's actually what non dcc actually gives you... Minus the bragging rights of ring mode of course.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #341 on: 10 April 2021, 18:01 »
I'd be interested to see where you think the ride of a non DCC GTi sits in the range of a DCC car?

Is a standard car's ride equal to the 'comfort' setting or about half way?
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #342 on: 10 April 2021, 19:10 »
Well there are lots of settings. As you can see in the photo I took below, there is no normal any more, comfort and sport are the two profiles... And in individual mode you can go softer or harder than those two or in the middle. I'm currently trying a middle setting today. I'd guess that like the mk7, this is about the same as non dcc.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #343 on: 10 April 2021, 23:20 »
Quick, cancel your Clubsport orders and buy an R as it’s superior for driving because it launches better  :rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/1HKrmwvTuBg

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #344 on: 11 April 2021, 13:24 »
Club Sport looks much nicer from the front and the R looks better from the rear....

MK7 GTi

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #345 on: 11 April 2021, 13:45 »
Club Sport looks much nicer from the front and the R looks better from the rear....

Buy both, cut them in half and glue them back together.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #346 on: 11 April 2021, 14:08 »

The R with Performance Pack maybe. The Clubby isn’t too shabby from the rear in the flesh.
And from side on? The R side skirts don’t look quite right to my eyes, can’t put my finger on why.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #347 on: 11 April 2021, 14:31 »
I agree ref the side skirts. They kind off look like an afterthought.
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #348 on: 11 April 2021, 15:00 »
Spot on with the side skirts. I think part of the issue might be that they’re body coloured. Add extra width and height to the car visually.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #349 on: 22 April 2021, 19:20 »
Joe Achilles currently has a Clubsport to review. It’ll be interesting to see what he thinks of it so soon after having the R.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.