Author Topic: Mk2 door speaker wiring????  (Read 1259 times)

Offline dan7

• I live here
  • 85 T25 camper, 90 Mk2 16v, 90 Caddy
Mk2 door speaker wiring????
« on: 26 February 2006, 17:48 »
just got hold of a set of front door speakers for my mk2. theres the wiring already in the doors. BUT...theres no wiring at the stereo end! is it normally wired up there from std or do you have to wire that bit in yourself? if so, where do i start?! :huh:

Offline j_s

• Here all the time
Re: Mk2 door speaker wiring????
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2006, 20:11 »
Run 2 new cables frim behind the headunit, take the bottom trays off the dash and you'll see where you can run the cable to the rubber sleeves that go to the doors, push the cable through the sleeves and hey presto cable run is done  :smiley:
James

Offline dan7

• I live here
  • 85 T25 camper, 90 Mk2 16v, 90 Caddy
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2006, 20:36 »
Thanks jv, i see what youre saying mate. thing is, theres already wiring in the doors. i just thought thered be the rest of it all the way to the head unit. ( made for, but not with).

Offline j_s

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2006, 09:53 »
I just reread your post properly this time  :embarassed:  :grin:
Strange that speaker cable is present in the doors but not in the cabin. As standard I don't think there would be speaker cable runs to the doors, only to the dash speakers as I believe VW never fitted speakers as standard in the doors, perhaps a dealer option etc as they did make those speaker adaptors for the door bins.

If you do as I said, it's very easy and quick to do  :smiley:
James