Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2832487 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2290 on: 31 May 2015, 19:20 »
Benmartingolf: Looking very clean, mine is scruffy already with only 50 miles driven since cleaning. The Lapiz is nearly as much of a sh!te magnet as DBP. If it rains though, it should slide straight off as the G-Techniq has made the bodywork feel like it is teflon coated.

Did you end up with the dealer induced swirls like I did,my paint was so bad they even gave some bottles of Diamond bright free of charge.

Nope, they looked after it very well. I had to insist that they didn't put it through the car wash, but the salesman didn't have any objections on that score. It looked like they'd spent a bit of time on it when I picked it up - perhaps that's why the smelly W6 fall-out remover picked up almost no iron deposits (just a bit on the wheels).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2291 on: 31 May 2015, 19:23 »
So what is the green collared MDI lead for? Is that the newest incarnation of Apple connectivity?

When I flipped open the lower central cubby to connect my USB/MDI lead (retained from my Scirocco) and USB stick full of MP3s, I found the standard blue collared old school Apple/MDI lead plugged in, but the green collared lead in it's bag also stuffed in there.

I thought that i'd read somewhere that people were being told that they had to buy the green lead if they needed it.

I didn't have that! I just had a USB slot and no need for the different coloured cables!!!! Not sure if anyone else has this?

I'm quite sure you get USB rather than an MDI if you've gone Nav Pro, but someone with Nav Pro will be able to confirm or deny that.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2292 on: 31 May 2015, 19:35 »
So what is the green collared MDI lead for? Is that the newest incarnation of Apple connectivity?

When I flipped open the lower central cubby to connect my USB/MDI lead (retained from my Scirocco) and USB stick full of MP3s, I found the standard blue collared old school Apple/MDI lead plugged in, but the green collared lead in it's bag also stuffed in there.

I thought that i'd read somewhere that people were being told that they had to buy the green lead if they needed it.

I bought the green collared MDI lead to enable video play on the screen from an iPhone .

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2293 on: 31 May 2015, 19:38 »
Here's a few pics of Gus!!! I didn't really upload many when I collected him. I bloody love him!!!! haha

I *think* I recognise those houses!

Looks great Ben
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2294 on: 31 May 2015, 19:40 »
Rebecca Ma Deah:

No, Immobiliser is not playing up. On the contrary it's brilliant. I am deciding on the activation distance. The Dynaudio gets better and better. When new, it really sounded ropey and it did disappoint a bit. But now it is mega fantastic. I also feel that the ride and handling have improved enormously as the suspension has settled really nicely. All-in-all, things are tickety boo.

Now, as far as lessons go, I rather pay (with a VAT receipt) and get paid. Prefer it that way as it keeps things in perspective but only between 9am and 5pm. Before and after those times, all bets are off!

I used the slang luv, as there are some on here who accuse me of being out of touch. Perhaps being really common is the preferred way of showing one is in touch. Don't want to light too many fires. Anyway, I've run out of matches.  :laugh:

« Last Edit: 31 May 2015, 19:42 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2295 on: 31 May 2015, 19:58 »
Rebecca Ma Deah:

No, Immobiliser is not playing up. On the contrary it's brilliant. I am deciding on the activation distance. The Dynaudio gets better and better. When new, it really sounded ropey and it did disappoint a bit. But now it is mega fantastic. I also feel that the ride and handling have improved enormously as the suspension has settled really nicely. All-in-all, things are tickety boo.

Now, as far as lessons go, I rather pay (with a VAT receipt) and get paid. Prefer it that way as it keeps things in perspective but only between 9am and 5pm. Before and after those times, all bets are off!

I used the slang luv, as there are some on here who accuse me of being out of touch. Perhaps being really common is the preferred way of showing one is in touch. Don't want to light too many fires. Anyway, I've run out of matches.  :laugh:

Run out of matches?  Then you need Matchboy!  :laugh:

Lessons - don't want to upset the taxman  :laugh:  I suspect neither you nor I need lessons!

Woth the immobiliser - What is the range for activation, or would you rather not say?

Re the Dynaudio, it was the same with at first in my Mk6 but it is soo good now, sublime!  I'm not looking forward to having to endure the ropey run in phase with the new system.  But I hear the Dynaudio in the Mk7 is a marked improvement so it should be worth it.  I hope so.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2015, 20:00 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2296 on: 31 May 2015, 19:59 »
I'm heading to the in laws in abit so will take a pic and post it. No he didn't. I had some left over from my Audi. A blue and green Cable. I just had a usb and aux in that compartment.

Thanks Ben, no rush, just if you get chance  :smiley:

Like to be prepared for when I get my car :wink:  Need to start reading up in earnest on the nav functions, album art, radio logos downloads etc etc, so it won't be too much of a learning curve when I finally get it.  Not to mention getting to grips with the e-brake and the hated start-stop function  :sick:  Might have to switch that off   :whistle:

Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2297 on: 31 May 2015, 20:04 »
Ahh fantastic, thanks Ben, much appreciated  :smiley:  I guess I'll get the same then as it's Pro Nav.

Btw, nice interior  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2298 on: 31 May 2015, 20:09 »
Ahh fantastic, thanks Ben, much appreciated  :smiley:  I guess I'll get the same then as it's Pro Nav.

Btw, nice interior  :cool:

Danke! I'm so happy with the car. This will be the first golf of many I think  :smiley:
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2299 on: 31 May 2015, 20:20 »
Rebecca: Immobiliser activation distance can be set from 1 metre to 5 metres.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2015, 20:45 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP