Author Topic: marty's mk2 8v silver 3dr gti small bumper  (Read 4346 times)

Offline Jimp

• I live here
Re: marty's mk2 8v silver 3dr gti small bumper
« Reply #10 on: 29 December 2010, 14:04 »
Saw this on vortex, very cool car  :cool: I have to jump on the red wheels bandwagon too though  :grin:
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #11 on: 30 December 2010, 11:07 »
Nice example, love those red wheels when you had them..... Mind you, new ones look good too. 

You're doing a grand job straightening her out but what's with that dodgy boot lid decal!

Shaun

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 30 December 2010, 15:30 »
Nice example, love those red wheels when you had them..... Mind you, new ones look good too. 

You're doing a grand job straightening her out but what's with that dodgy boot lid decal!

Shaun
Looks like a heckenblade (spelling might be wrong). It's a rare enough mk2 part that carries on the light colour pattern across the boot lid. It was cool at the time but is a bit marmite nowadays. Either way they are getting pretty rare. Mate of mine had some super rare one on his beat up mk2 van that was worth more than the car itself  :grin:
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #13 on: 30 December 2010, 22:19 »
The red and polished rims looked sick and really brought out the detail in the design and yeah, the rear boot decal is definitely a personal thing. Oh so 80's...

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 31 December 2010, 14:35 »
love the car keep up the good work and i also never used to like silver mk2's but i am a changed man and the red and polished wheels wer a great touch but afraid not a fan of the bot decal.

if in doubt go flat out