Author Topic: Water in rear carpet !!!!!  (Read 1517 times)

Offline rac_gti

• GTI forum regular
Water in rear carpet !!!!!
« on: 09 December 2003, 16:20 »
 ??? doe any one of u have problem having wet carpet lately ???
As i just found out over hour ago that i have big wet patch on my carpet and i decide to take a look underneath and found more water ! dunno where it come from .. as my is 5 door as i look at the rubber seal around the chassis and saw a little patch of water coming out the bottom of rubber seal .. as i took it off more water spilled out! but the carpet is wet on bottom but up further it dry ..

So any tips or experience of having this b4 .. would be grateful to know wot the prob is !
VW Golf mk4 GT TDI 130 3 door silver

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
Re:Water in rear carpet !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2003, 21:45 »
I had the same problem with my 3 door, it turned out to be a kinked air con vent pipe, vapour was cendesing (because it couldn't escape through the kinked pipe) and dribbling down the pipe into the car.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline mak911s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2003, 23:22 »
Hi RAC

maybe had same problem as yourself?? but hoping for a while, explaining the seatbelt rusting through dampness in my rear passenger footwell area.  

After some advice from Mr Knight tracked problem down to rear window washer.  Found, just today, this morning, that the leak was from dual-elbow joints in pipework for washer.  Dual pipe joint positioned at roof height, immediatly above the upper rear passenger seat belt mount, at roof level.
On using rear wash, which you do more at this time of year, i detected fresh leaking fluid in the CD Autochanger area.
Think i've sorted now by removing one of elbows(loose 2nd elbow seemed redundant) and pannels to access joints pretty easy to remove, all pull off, no screws.  Even headlining can be eased down slighlty a few inches using kitchen towel roll for easier access.

Good luck

Mark

Offline rac_gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2003, 19:28 »
cheer mark .. will look into tmw !  ;)
VW Golf mk4 GT TDI 130 3 door silver