Author Topic: finally started my abf conversion:-)  (Read 15064 times)

Offline mk2addict

• GTI forum regular
finally started my abf conversion:-)
« on: 18 October 2011, 21:45 »
Started strippin the 8v tonight ready for an abf gunna take my time as the car is off the rd, going to get everything just how I want it. Any advice,tips on tricky bits would be good:-) IM IMG00076-20111019-1812 all pictures at at the end of the thread
« Last Edit: 18 March 2012, 17:48 by mk2addict »

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: finally started my abf conversion:-)
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2011, 21:58 »
Take lots of pics for the Janet and John Brigade on here.

Offline oakgreengolf

• I live here
  • CAR FOR SALE PM FOR FURTHER INFO
« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2011, 10:00 »
Did mine a couple of years ago now . Managed to get hold of a seat Toledo which has the abf lump. Then just bolted the entire subframe with the engine still attached. Are you going to be running the digi management. New Ecu etc

Offline mk2addict

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2011, 13:40 »
Running the digi, ecu from the ibiza I'm gunna get the engine out of. Want to polish port the head before it all goes in goin to have a 4branch stainless manifold. I really want atleast 170+bhp  I'll cam it aswell

Offline mk2bal

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2011, 16:31 »
Stainless fanimoulds don't fit mk2 abf's, and digis don't like aftermarket cams.

Offline weazgti

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2011, 16:41 »
Was hoping to do mine soon but havent got all the bits due to money and work etc.
Anyone tell me roughly where to get the lamda welded on the downpipe?  I bought another so i can get it done beforehand but its bit hard to guess with out lining it up on the car plus im not sure if it needs to be certain distance from the manifold.

Offline oakgreengolf

• I live here
  • CAR FOR SALE PM FOR FURTHER INFO
« Reply #6 on: 19 October 2011, 16:57 »
ive got a 4-1 stainless and it fits  :smiley: you need to weld the lambda where it can preferably sample all 4 ports. I got the lamba boss off ebay and welded it on

Offline weazgti

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 October 2011, 17:28 »
Any chance of a pic? would put my mind at rest if i knew what the wire colours or plug on the lamda looked like aswell. Stripped the loom but have been worrying about which plug it is or if i still have it.

Offline mk2addict

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 19 October 2011, 17:33 »
R u sayin u can't get a stainless exaust manifold to fit abf? Taking my time so advice on what works best would be good

Offline mk2addict

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 19 October 2011, 20:27 »
Must be a stainless manifold that'll fit abf? I'm takin my time, this is the first time I've done an engine swap so any advice on what works and doesnt would be good. How fasy r ure abf's what cars can u keep up with?