Author Topic: BF Service Plan - looks like a great deal?  (Read 904 times)

Offline JP2021

• Not said much yet
BF Service Plan - looks like a great deal?
« on: 30 November 2023, 10:44 »
I appreciate main dealers aren't seen in the best light (and I completely understand why from previous experience!), however, the Major/Minor 2 service deal at £480 sounds very reasonable. I say this having had quotes from two local independent VW garages who are quoting around the £400 mark for the Major service alone. In the past, when a main dealer has completed the service and naturally found a number of 'issues', I've said thanks for the info and then got quotes from independent garages who's done it cheaper. The only thing that isn't included in the VW service plan is a brake fluid change during the Major service which is strange as in my service book it states this should be done every two years ie, during the Major service. Any thoughts?

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: BF Service Plan - looks like a great deal?
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2023, 13:59 »
My dealer includes the brake fluid change with the service plan, could always ring up and ask if yours includes it.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2023, 14:17 »
The service plan doesn’t include brake fluid normally and at the last service I had to cough up extra to get it done. Previously I used a different dealership and the service guy would always throw in a free fluid change or aircon service as a goodwill gesture.

The All-in plan is even better value
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JP2021

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2023, 19:58 »
Been trying since this morning to buy the 2 year plan, however, VW system is down and doesn't look like it'll re-appear until the deal finishes at midnight. Maybe VW thought the deal was too good and stopped it early :grin:

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2023, 19:37 »
Good value as long as your dealer is decent, mine is honking.