Author Topic: Auto-Lights  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Eric Shun

• Not said much yet
Auto-Lights
« on: 27 September 2005, 12:17 »
I haven't figured out the auto-lights function yet.  Can anyone help?

Sometimes even if the ambient light level improves, the lights stay ON.

Other times when the ambient light level improves, the lights turn OFF.

Is it related to speed? Or other non-light dependant factor?

:smiley:

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
  • MK 5 R32, 3 door, DBP, Recaros on order
Re: Auto-Lights
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2005, 21:04 »
The lights come on under different circumstances, the obvious been when it is dark or low light. They also come on when you reach 90 and maintain it for more than a few seconds and will remain on then unless you start driving at low speeds of about 30 I think but this has to be for a few minutes before they go off. If you maintain relatively high speeds they remain on regardless of the ambient light level.

Offline chopper gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2005, 16:16 »
if its raining this can also effect headlights on or off, its all in the manual in the glovebox (as i found out last night!)

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
  • MK 5 R32, 3 door, DBP, Recaros on order
« Reply #3 on: 14 October 2005, 19:59 »
That is correct, the lights come on when the wipers have been in operation for a certain time.

Also one thing to remember is that if you select reverse and it is raining the rear wiper will come on automatically if the wipers are in any of the 3 on positions. This is especially good to know when if as I do regularly you have a bike rack mounted as mine has two pads that rest against the rear window and it probably wouldnt do the wiper much good if it came on at this time.