Author Topic: People in car parks - doors damaging your car? Why o why!!  (Read 4595 times)

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
 :angry:

Please. Why do people in car parks not consider the car next to them. My brand new silver GT TDI - i have had two inconsiderate "£$%" let their doors 'fling' open into the side of mine!!!!!!

I cant stand it - i now have two paint chips of the driver side of my motor. Is there anything to stop this???? Car parking spaces are simply not wide enough in my opinion.

In both cases I saw it happen - I say 'watch your door mate', 'look you have just taken a paint off my car'. I actually want to beat the sh1t out of them after it as all you get is a look!!

Does anyone else agree or am I being unfair. I take care when opening my door, why cant some other people!
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline bretttuk

• GTI forum regular
Re: People in car parks - doors damaging your car? Why o why!!
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2005, 13:22 »
Its common courtesy to check what you doing when opening door. Its the same ol thing though .. you could park in an empty car park ... go to the shop .. come back and someone will have parked next to you even though there is a whole car park free.

Brett

Offline tobz.

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2005, 13:28 »
Couldn't agree with you more there brett, I reluctantly park my mk2 in supermarkets carparks but when I do I always park miles away from the shop where there is plenty of space. 90% of the time somebody has parked next to it by the time I return!!!

The other week I parked my bus at homebase, to be courteous I parked it at the end of the carpark where nobody else had parked. When I returned a bl00dy ford focus has parked so close to it I had to get in through the passengers side!!! Figure that one out

You got any pics of your dad's split ?

Offline scotty4

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2005, 18:44 »
its a worry!!!the more you try to stop something like that happening the more chance of it happening.

if it was me and i saw the person, i would take the number plate and go through insurance.

it happening to me with my celica, £400 to get it fixed!!!!!!!!
MK5 GTI BLUE GRAPHITE 3 DOOR

Offline wellfan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2005, 18:44 »
I am now so paranoid about it happening to me again, that for the past 5 years I can say that I have never parked my new car in a public car park other than in a 'far of' position and parked nose to tail style. If you do get a bump, it will be either front or rear bumber (easier to repair, I think anyway) and not metal side bodywork. Even at work I park at the furthest point in the car park where nobody else would dream of parking, even in pouring rain, folk must think I'm nuts, I just say it is my way of getting some exercise. Some days I know I am not going to be able to avoid dodgy parking spaces, so I have been running two cars, one an old banger, a MkII Gti that I use most days for work, great fun but seems daft having a 14 grand car in my garage and using a £400 MkII Golf to avoid damage to my new car. Sods law, never had one ding in the old banger, even parking in the tightest of spots.

Offline golfpro

• I live here
  • If in doubt, pay someone else to do it!
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2005, 18:53 »
it irritates the hell out of me. Had an old git in a sh!t box park next to my old pug 206 gti while i was sat in it waitin for the missus to buy something pointless and he slammed his door right into mine, while i was sat there! He didnt say a word. I was so mad I nearly started on the bastard.

Thats my next rant, old people should not be allowed to drive. f**k their independance, buy a buss pass, save lives!

deep breaths....

thats the best mk3 ive seen..ever! its just clean and subtle.. :cool:

mix

« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2005, 21:06 »
:laugh:

fooking annoying really....but....park across to bays

Offline sellers

• I live here
  • Daz Works in Health and Beauty
« Reply #7 on: 27 August 2005, 22:39 »
all you can really do is take down the reg's before you leaven then if theres any damage you mite be in luck of reporting it with so many carparks having cctv

other than that you  can park on an angle accross 2 bays, as long as it isnt a very busy car park

Can't think of a funy or whitty comment

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2005, 12:59 »
The last time someone scratched my car and denied it and told me to f**k off. So i beat him up. I think you should do the same.  :rolleyes: Some people need a beating!
:)

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2005, 13:08 »
I'll park and take up 2 spaces purely because of this.
Some old biddy pointed out that I had taken up 2 spaces on a visit to B&Q once. I told her about the doors and people just banging them into my car. she said it's just a car. I walked off.
Mk4 Golf 150PD