Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788595 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4670 on: 25 May 2016, 14:31 »
Thanks for the replies regarding image posting.
I need to bin Flickr that's for sure so I'll have a look at the suggested options :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4671 on: 25 May 2016, 17:46 »
I loathe Photobucket!

I use Flickr and it takes seconds to remove the added bit of personal info.  I've also used postimage a bit lately and whilst it's very user friendly and good for dealing with multiple photos, it reduces the quality more than Flickr.  I did a comparision test post on another forum (then deleted it) to see the difference in photo quality between postimage and Flickr and it was noticeable.  Flickr much better quality. Now that might not be of any concern to some, but matters to me so apart from random pics, I've reverted to using Flickr for proper photos.  Plus it keeps everything neatly in one place which is useful when you want to sell the car privately and you have a ready prepared 'album' and photo history of your car.   :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4672 on: 25 May 2016, 18:09 »
I've used Flickr since reading your tutorial on it Rebecca but I can't help thinking that there must be a better way.
You really shouldn't have to mess about removing personal info for every picture you upload.
I love this forum but when it comes to posting photos and other minor things, there's needs to be a better way :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4673 on: 25 May 2016, 18:17 »
The problem is they have to be hosted on another site and linked to. So regardless of which hosting site the principal is the same.

I agree with you though, I tried Flickr and just found it so cumbersome to actually find the link to post then you had to strip certain things out so it was only the picture it posted.

photobucket isn't the greatest however it just seems so straightforward.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4674 on: 25 May 2016, 19:03 »
I've used Flickr since reading your tutorial on it Rebecca but I can't help thinking that there must be a better way.
You really shouldn't have to mess about removing personal info for every picture you upload.
I love this forum but when it comes to posting photos and other minor things, there's needs to be a better way :smiley:

Did I do a Flickr tutorial? Don't remember that.  :laugh:

None of the photo posting methods are particularly streamlined I agree.  But it's not much different on other forums tbh.  Tapatalk does make it easier on some forums,  as pics can be uploaded directly from your device but even that is time consuming as each pic has to be uploaded individually. 

Nothing to stop you posting up a comment or suggestion to the forum owner/administrator.  :smiley:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4675 on: 25 May 2016, 19:07 »

None of the photo posting methods are particularly streamlined I agree.  But it's not much different on other forums tbh.  Tapatalk does make it easier on some forums,  as pics can be uploaded directly from your device but even that is time consuming as each pic has to be uploaded individually. 

Nothing to stop you posting up a comment or suggestion to the forum owner/administrator.  :smiley:
I've not been here long enough to be making suggestions :lipsrsealed:
I'm sure you did a mini Flickr tutorial Rebecca, or if you didn't,  why haven't you?  :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline Mk1Macca

• I live here
« Reply #4676 on: 25 May 2016, 19:56 »
Sold it! Time to move on :)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4677 on: 25 May 2016, 20:49 »

I've not been here long enough to be making suggestions :lipsrsealed:
I'm sure you did a mini Flickr tutorial Rebecca, or if you didn't,  why haven't you?  :laugh:

Wuss, you've be here long enough :wink: Well it seems like forever.  :grin:

I may have done a Flickr tutorial and erased it from my memory.  There's been so many tutorials.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4678 on: 25 May 2016, 20:51 »
Sold it! Time to move on :)

Farewell to your Golf, hope you enjoy the BMW.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4679 on: 25 May 2016, 21:07 »
Took car in for its 2yr service only to be told, before I was about to go and collect it, that I have a coolant leak and they need to strip the engine down to find it  :cry:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer