Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2789140 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3120 on: 04 October 2015, 20:44 »
Managed to find the largest parking bay in the whole of Kent!  :laugh: :grin:

And where in Kent is this rare phenomenon?  I might seek it out and park there just for the hell of it!  :laugh:

Would be perfect, if it were not for the tree at the back.
« Last Edit: 04 October 2015, 20:46 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3121 on: 04 October 2015, 20:53 »
Amidst all the excitement of Legoland, almost forgot to insure it!  :embarrassed:  Fortunately remembered this morning.  Just in time as the free VW insurance runs out tonight!  And finally Directline was able to find my new registration number after various failed attempts, which brought the original quote down by a whole tenner.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline MXResonance

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3122 on: 04 October 2015, 21:14 »

Kent is this rare phenomenon?  I might seek it out and park there just for the hell of it!  :laugh:

Please see the exact coordinates below  :tongue:

5 Duke St
Deal CT14 6DU, UK
51.226824, 1.401416

Golf Mk7 GTI - DSG, Performance Pack, 5 Door, Pure White, 18" Austin, Discover Navigation, Keyless Entry, Factory Window Tints, Winter Pack - Collected 30/09/2015

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3123 on: 04 October 2015, 23:11 »

Kent is this rare phenomenon?  I might seek it out and park there just for the hell of it!  :laugh:

Please see the exact coordinates below  :tongue:

5 Duke St
Deal CT14 6DU, UK
51.226824, 1.401416

:grin:

Not far at all.  Must find a reason to go to Deal soon.  Maybe a visit to the good seafood restaurant there, or there's a really great fish and chip shop round the back streets.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3124 on: 05 October 2015, 07:56 »
And on the subject of parking spots...

....Not today but Sat and yesterday….

Took it on it’s first road trip so to speak, to the tortuous land of the plastic brick.

Finding a parking spot that matched my perfect criteria proved to be impossible as the hotel car park was quite full but it despite having to park in the middle of a row, it remained unscathed and free from bird crap. Though wasn’t best pleased to find someone came and parked a little too close for comfort.  :angry:

It drove brilliantly and effortlessly, and at times very rapidly.  :wink:  Even made the M25 interesting!! 

Still needs a full detail.

And, because I haven’t taken nearly enough pictures of my new R yet, here’s some of it in Legoland!!!   :grin:

« Last Edit: 05 October 2015, 08:13 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3125 on: 05 October 2015, 09:14 »
Its been many years since I've had to go to LEGOLAND, but its certainly looking a lot duller than I remember it ;-)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3126 on: 05 October 2015, 09:22 »
Its been many years since I've had to go to LEGOLAND, but its certainly looking a lot duller than I remember it ;-)

:grin:

Sorry didn't have time to recreate the R in Lego bricks. :tongue: Monkeyhanger might be the man for that job?

But yes, the place was quite a bit more colourful than that.   In fact my brain has primary colour overload, so the sight of a dull black car was bliss!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #3127 on: 05 October 2015, 12:46 »
Had my start/stop fixed on Sat by VW they replaced the vacuum sensor. I think it probably works, not used it but the error message is definitely gone and scans all clean now with VCDS.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3128 on: 05 October 2015, 13:34 »
Oh congrats on the R Booth i have been a bit busy, it looks stunning with the prets

I still have the parking issues given the three door can have its moments

The NB made it down to Kent to see the family and there was a moment in a car park where i sounded a horn as the guy did not have parking sensors and could not drive

They need to do child free days at Legoland, i love the stuff and got the F40 to build, best toy in the world and reason why i chose my profession

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3129 on: 05 October 2015, 14:23 »
Had my start/stop fixed on Sat by VW they replaced the vacuum sensor. I think it probably works, not used it but the error message is definitely gone and scans all clean now with VCDS.

The vacuum sensor failed on my GTI too after around  6 months. I seem to recall the dealer saying they had changed quite a few.
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA