Author Topic: Project mk3  (Read 27819 times)

Offline nezzi21

• Not said much yet
Project mk3
« on: 25 January 2015, 00:23 »
Had my mk3 for just over a year now, Wife actually bought me it last xmas! Had a few issues with keys being lost etc but all sorted now. So here is how I got it last year:

I had plenty of plans for it which are all starting to take shape now. Mainly VR6 conversion, recaro's, respray, coilovers and wheels. So far the car has had a few sets of wheels bought for it:

These have all been sold now, As i have just bought a set of BBS RC041/042 which will be getting refurbed ASAP. I decided that the arch trims had to go, suspected that there might be rot underneath and i wasnt wrong:

Car is now away to get all this cut out and replaced then repainted. Had been toying with the idea of painting it Mitsibushi Evo Graphite Grey but think i am going to stay with the Mystic blue with some added pearl. I just this morning picked up an interior ( minus the front seats ):

This was before i got a chance to clean it, came up very well. Just need a couple of small bits and some front seats to finish off the interior. And that is pretty much where the car is up to at the minute, with any luck it should be back and painted mid-end Febuary.

Comments welcome

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Project mk3
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2015, 00:36 »
New wheels much better  :smiley:

Offline nezzi21

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2015, 00:44 »
Seat rims are gone but wish i hadnt sold them as they are really nice wheels for the mk3. But with this just being a weekend car can go with something a bit nicer. The RC's are 17x7.5 & 17x8.5, still need to get some adaptors but will sort that after paint.

Offline nezzi21

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2015, 20:28 »
Finally picked up my wheels, already split so saves me a bit of hassle, though i need to take the odd sized tyres off! Anyway here are some pictures with the centres just placed on top of the barrels.

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2015, 22:01 »
Might be a stupid question, but why is one odd?
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline jamesblonde

• GTI forum regular
  • VW Golf Mk4 Estate 1.6 16v Tornado Red
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2015, 22:25 »
Might be a stupid question, but why is one odd?
was just thinking that myself lol

Offline nezzi21

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 01 February 2015, 21:24 »
Picked up the wrong one when collecting them, all sorted now though. Haha

Offline nezzi21

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2015, 22:52 »
Starting to get there with the wheels, still a fair bit of work to go with them right enough.

Offline nezzi21

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 25 February 2015, 13:48 »
Couple of pictures from the bodyshop:

Should have a few more pictures as the week goes on, he is also cleaning up the underside and applying fresh underseal as well as pumping some wax oil into the sills etc. Forgot to mention to him to roll the arches for me, so he wasnt best pleased when i called this morning. Still better now than when they are painted! Decided i dont have the time to get the wheels all polished up in decent time so they are getting dropped off at Dougie @ Trix on Saturday.

Offline nezzi21

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 02 March 2015, 23:26 »
Well its finally painted! Popped in today to see how it was coming along and to my surprise the painter had decided to come in over the weekend and paint it. Had only just finished wet sanding it when i went in so needs a clean then polished!

Picture of the bumper is straight out the gun. Hopefully be ready before the weekend. Now to get the wheels sorted!