Author Topic: Boneybradley's blue Mk3 8v Anniversary!! The keeper?  (Read 55924 times)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Is that an optical illusion or is the rear on stilts?

std height! (with new shocks and springs!) so it does sit high (maybe not for much longer?)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Winter wheels now repainted.....

they may be a bit marmite though!! but at £3 a tin for the paint it's saved me lots of £££ and they will no doubt not be clean long enough so won't be as bright?

take these and 4 tins of chepo paint

oh and they are proper winter tryes (uniroyal ms77 in 195/50 size for a bargain £45 a corner)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
We'll I have a huge dilemma

Do I spend the £800-1000 the car needs to get in near perfect condition and put her away for weekend use
or
spend £250-350 and get her useable everyday but leaving the iffy bits of paintwork (loose the rust but no repaint) and spend the money on the second mk3 I have just put a deposit on?

That's right I have only gone and bought a VR6 (another mystic blue but 3 door this time! and some may of seen the pic's on ebay) Now that's a good dilemma to be in but it's a hard choice as I need 1 for daily use and the other for keeping tidy!  :undecided:

let's see what happens!

Offline Foreveryoungaus16v

• I live here
Spend for everyday use, not as if its a Ferrari! Lol. You should have got a mint 16v instead!

KW V2, TEAM DYNAMICS PRO RACE 1.2, EIBACH ARBS, DS 2500 PADS, BLACK DIAMOND DISCS, LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, CHIPPED ECU, VIBRA TECHNIC MOUNTS, JETEX DECAT,  FULLY POLYBUSHED
163 BHP (TSR POWER RUN)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
should have bought my valver....  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Foreveryoungaus16v

• I live here
Would have certainly been better :smiley:

KW V2, TEAM DYNAMICS PRO RACE 1.2, EIBACH ARBS, DS 2500 PADS, BLACK DIAMOND DISCS, LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL, CHIPPED ECU, VIBRA TECHNIC MOUNTS, JETEX DECAT,  FULLY POLYBUSHED
163 BHP (TSR POWER RUN)

VW BUSH

I would keep whichever has the least rot and daily the bucket, :smiley:
VR's are such a nice drive, even better than the A4 soot chucker ive just landed decisions decisions :grin:

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Well I picked the VR6 up earlier and it looks good for the money (no rattly chains etc) so I'm going to sort the anni starting next week (new sills and a small patch that will turn to rust if not sorted now!)

oh and the oil leak (from the cooler) will also be sorted! along with new tie rods (full lot), springs and a few bushes to tighten the handling (the VR6 steering is much more planted and I was told the tie rods on the anni had some play last MOT but I now know how much!!  :lipsrsealed:)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: Boneybradley's Mk3 8v Anniversary more door.. Bodywork time!!
« Reply #108 on: 08 January 2014, 13:00 »
Well as the body on the anni is in quite good nic, I have decided to sort the minor bits that come with age and I have started to strip her ready for the bodyshop

I expected to find rust under the plastics but apart from a small bubble on the front wing (which is getting replaced anyway due to lower scabs). I did find a ton of tigerseal holding a back arch on what I can't understand is why as they have 3 rivets holding them on normally that cost pence! Well there is a small dent on the arch that will also be getting sorted so rivets will be used when I get her back together

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Well I have finally got her lowered ( a bit)

it's only 40mm but even at that it scrapes down my local high street!! (the vr6 doesn't though which is lower!) oh and a few goodies I have added

Anniversary Highline'd

oh and it also got some new steering arms and the feel and turn in is now lots and lots better (the springs also help as they are much softer than the last lot!)

I am currently in discussions with a welder to get a few parts sorted and I am also refurbing some wheels (for this or the VR??)