Author Topic: Anyone used www.caraudiocentre.co.uk and Budget Speakers/HU  (Read 4642 times)

Offline Dec

• I live here
Re: Anyone used www.caraudiocentre.co.uk and Budget Speakers/HU
« Reply #10 on: 22 October 2007, 20:41 »
lol thats how i got to caraudiocenter so not sure to trust google :rolleyes:

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 22 October 2007, 20:44 »
caraudiodirect are pretty good, but saying that i'm sure i bought my headunit from car audio centre! they advertised the one i wanted but in a different colour so i called them up to ask about it, they said "how much have we advertised it for?" so i told them and they let me pay then and there?! i probably should've tried to blag it but seemed ok to me, they gave me free delivery as well as i'd bought from them before!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline vr4000d

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 22 October 2007, 20:46 »
for budget kit jbl takes some beating but if looking on caraudiodirect then look at there spl dynamics range of speakers ;) very good speakers at silly low prices  :smiley:

and i have recently been playing with the vibe swat HU and must say for £70 you get good features and it works well.

Offline Heyho

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 22 October 2007, 20:53 »
It's well worth researching the good budget brands such as JBL and SPL dynamics as already mentioned.  Often the brands you may never have heard of are better value than those you have.

I know that Sony used to have a reputation for making very high quality headunits, but much of their current stuff is just "bling".

Do you want component fronts or co-ax speakers for the front?

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 22 October 2007, 20:55 »
Not sure what i want up front tbh ive just been reading some MK2 audio threads and it seems its 13cm front speakers i want not the 6.5" :embarassed:

I dont really know the difference between component or co-ax either.

:embarassed: :embarassed:

Cheers

Offline vr4000d

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 22 October 2007, 23:27 »
components have a seperate tweeter crossover and mid where the coax is all in one so the tweeter will be in the middle of the mid.

if your not bothered about amping them then coax`s will be fine and you will get a bit more for your money but if you intend to amp then i would get components

Offline dannythomas752

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 23 October 2007, 08:19 »
I ordered a head unit from car audio centre and everything was fine, for the same kenwood head unit that you can plug your ipod directly into and control from you head unit would have cost me 150 in halfrauds only cost me 95 quid from them and was next day delivery straight to my door :grin:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 23 October 2007, 08:29 »
components have a seperate tweeter crossover and mid where the coax is all in one so the tweeter will be in the middle of the mid.

if your not bothered about amping them then coax`s will be fine and you will get a bit more for your money but if you intend to amp then i would get components

i wont be amping them just yet so should i go with components so i can upgrade in the near future or should i get coax's and upgrade the lot to better stuff and get an amp at the same time?

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 23 October 2007, 12:04 »
My mate just pointed some of these speakers out on ebay for about £40. Anyone know if they anygood? Seem too cheap and never herd of the make.

http://www.theloudest.co.uk/?sectionid=2&page=view_product&product_id=81

Cheers

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #19 on: 23 October 2007, 12:55 »
Not heard of them but quoting such a difference between RMS and Peak wattage is NOT a good sign.
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk