Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788379 times)

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #13340 on: 19 February 2024, 19:11 »
Just spoke to my local VW Parts Dept for a price on the TCR Backbox and diffusor, honestly can't believe how much more expensive the TCR backbox is over my previous CSS blackbox.

£716 was the best price they could offer for the backbox, I paid about £500 - £600 for the CSS which included fitting!

Diffusor came in at £170 + £12ea for the corner bits. Just incase that's useful information for anyone looking at picking those bits up.

At that price I'd go aftermarket and get a GPF-back system!

I've got some Gyeon Rim I'm going to apply to the faces when the weather warms up a bit  :grin:

If you decide to take the wheels off, lay it on thick and level it off in the barrel of the wheels and don't buff it off. Leaves a longer lasting thicker coating. On the face and between the spokes always buff it off.
Yeah I want to do something as more noise is needed but I can't justify paying that much! I've been down the loud exhaust route before and its fun for a day but annoying to live with, I just want a bit more tone than anything else. And ideally a subtle bit of overrun on down changes etc.

Good shout on the wheels as well, I will keep that in mind!
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #13341 on: 22 February 2024, 16:53 »
Put my ITG air filter and silicone intake hose back on. Undecided whether to put the tuning box back on, or leave it off until I buy the Mountune Smartflash...

Offline ES98

• Just got here
« Reply #13342 on: 23 February 2024, 21:45 »
I had my GTI mapped today by r-tech

.Panel filter with snow guard removed
.Bigger turbo elbow and inlet pipe
.R-tech Ecu and dsg map

Impressed with the numbers on paper, but more impressed with how quick it feels on the road. Can get a bit lively in the wet but the traction mapping and boost by gear help.

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #13343 on: 25 February 2024, 12:42 »
Attempted to change the lens on the headlight. For anyone else attempting it, simply don't bother. Impossible to get the lens off without destroying the back.. the grey adhesive stuff is nothing like the sticky black stuff you see in the videos and heating it has zero impact... New headlight time FFS 😤
« Last Edit: 25 February 2024, 13:18 by rowlers »

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #13344 on: 25 February 2024, 15:33 »
Another week, another wash to get the mud out of the arches.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline GTIreland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13345 on: 26 February 2024, 18:02 »
Another week, another wash to get the mud out of the arches.

Which mud guards are those?
2016 Mk7 GTI PP CSG Manual

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #13346 on: 26 February 2024, 18:24 »
Volkwagen
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #13347 on: 26 February 2024, 18:29 »
Still got your T-Roc Prets Will amongst your collection of alloys??
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #13348 on: 26 February 2024, 19:02 »
Still got your T-Roc Prets Will amongst your collection of alloys??

I don't actually sold them to a guy in the South who then sold them on again fairly quickly as he bought an Evo.

Just the BBS CI-R's and Brescia's currently, or sorry let me rephrase that I've the set of Brescias and my free set of BBS CI-R's with £300 in the pocket. Some people invest in stocks and shares, I invest in wheels  :grin:

I do want another set of Belvederes or else some MB Designs.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #13349 on: 27 February 2024, 17:08 »
Took mine to a detailer today to get a thorough wash. No polish, just clean, fallout and claying. First time the car has been clean since October 2022... A few stonechips need sorting which I'll do when it gets a bit warmer but the main issue is that the fallout on the wheel barrels is seemingly immoveable. My own fault, life has just got in the way of car washing, I may see about getting all four stripped and powdercoated at some point. Still, it looks so much better so happy for now.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.