Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788463 times)

Offline sjw

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12640 on: 21 December 2022, 23:07 »
Discovered a suspected water pump leak  :sad:

Coolant light came on yesterday. Level is very low. Suspect looking deposits on driveway. Not good.

Car is luckily booked in for a service tomorrow at my local indie, so they're going to take a look. I was going to get Revo work done (Stage one and DSG map) but looks like that will now have to wait :sad: They won't be able to get it booked in until Jan.

What sort of cost am I looking at for a potential fix, and what is it that I'll need doing?

not experienced it myself but I heard around £750 is a reasonable cost, and if you get an indie to source and fit the pump make sure it's the latest revision as they've redesigned it several times over the years.

Oh perfect, just what I was going to pay for the Revo work!  :rolleyes:

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12641 on: 21 December 2022, 23:07 »
Discovered a suspected water pump leak  :sad:

Coolant light came on yesterday. Level is very low. Suspect looking deposits on driveway. Not good.

My coolant came on the other day, I topped it up but haven't had a chance to check the level since but no warnings so far. I'm hoping it's just the system bleeding itself after it lost a lot of coolant last year after I drove off without the cap on.....

Lol! Thanks for the laugh on this day of bad news

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12642 on: 22 December 2022, 16:04 »
Good news and bad news.

Bad news is that they did indeed find a leak. Good news is that they said it is tiny, as if it's only just started, so just keep an eye on the coolant level, some water in the car etc, and plan for it to be done in the near future.

MOT revealed rear pads and discs need dong. Suspected so, but the fronts not being called out was a surprise.

Revo stage 1 and TCU tune being done now as I wait  :evil:

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #12643 on: 22 December 2022, 16:35 »
Surely it would have made more sense to attend to the, albeit small, water leak first??
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12644 on: 22 December 2022, 16:57 »
It's not going to get worse because of the tune, their words not mine. I did ask that question. They can't get it done this side of Xmas anyway. I already had a JB4 box before this

TCU tune is not being done right now as a code came up as they put the file on (a Revo code, not from the car). Revo are going to take a look at it and determine if they're happy to let the indie go ahead

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12645 on: 22 December 2022, 19:33 »
Just from the 10/15 minute drive back from the garage, all I can say is wow! Revo stage 1 is much much better than the JB4. Wish I'd gone for a proper map a few years back

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #12646 on: 23 December 2022, 15:21 »
I've had to endure almost a week of mine going through an active regen  :sad:

MPG figures fell of a cliff... my usual commute is a respectable 38 mpg for an urban 12 mile trip.... last week it it just got to 21 on most days.... two trips to pick up relatives down the M20 and I struggled to hit 32 mpg at around 65 mph plus I used half a tank of fuel per trip! (usually 49 to 51 mpg).

Only caught it once with the fans sounding like a jet engine but the ride was so jerky off throttle, like it was surging forward in traffic.

Up side exhaust note was very fruity.

Today and fingers crossed I think it's gone back to normal... trip into work and I was back to getting 39 mpg.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12647 on: 24 December 2022, 15:14 »

Early Christmas present to myself

New belvederes and CS D&P

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #12648 on: 24 December 2022, 16:47 »

Early Christmas present to myself

New belvederes and CS D&P

Lovely.  :smiley:
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12649 on: 25 December 2022, 14:33 »
Thanks, not cheap but the only option I wanted.  Didn't want it too look aftermarket