Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788380 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8090 on: 02 February 2018, 11:57 »
Next purchase will probably be a DA :whistle:

My next purchase too, I was actually looking at them last night but don`t know where the hell to start, more research needed  :smiley:

Headover to the detailing section, plenty of threads on there with advice. I think I'm going to go with this one - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/das-6-pro-meguiars-microfiber-system/prod_963.html - a good combination of performance and price. The Meguiars system has been recommended too.

Jesus!  Haven’t you bought one yet!  Cars will be extinct by the time you clear the moths out of your wallet.  :grin:

It's going to be like open heart surgery for him, give a chance.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8091 on: 02 February 2018, 11:58 »

My next purchase too, I was actually looking at them last night but don`t know where the hell to start, more research needed  :smiley:

Headover to the detailing section, plenty of threads on there with advice. I think I'm going to go with this one - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/das-6-pro-meguiars-microfiber-system/prod_963.html - a good combination of performance and price. The Meguiars system has been recommended too.

Jesus!  Haven’t you bought one yet!  Cars will be extinct by the time you clear the moths out of your wallet.  :grin:

People make a full recovery from open heart surgery. 

He’s been talking about it for 500 years now.   It’s time.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8092 on: 02 February 2018, 12:04 »

Why do you think I haven't bought one yet? :laugh:
I nearly did have a heart attack at my last visit to my barber, they had upped the charge by £1.50! I wouldn't mind so much if I actually had much hair :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8093 on: 02 February 2018, 13:36 »
I`m on it, thanks Booth  :smiley:

Watts, anyone would think you were Scottish  :whistle:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8094 on: 02 February 2018, 14:15 »

I nearly did have a heart attack at my last visit to my barber, they had upped the charge by £1.50! I wouldn't mind so much if I actually had much hair :rolleyes:

Think of it as an investment, you'll be able to use the DA on your head  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #8095 on: 02 February 2018, 15:52 »
Haha, I just spit my coffee out reading that  :grin: :grin: :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8096 on: 02 February 2018, 18:37 »

Think of it as an investment, you'll be able to use the DA on your head  :whistle:

:laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #8097 on: 02 February 2018, 19:56 »

Excellent Man Logic !!  :grin:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8098 on: 02 February 2018, 21:10 »
Fitted a set of Santiago wheels.

Travelled about 20 miles on the M1behind a gritter(I will not pass them) only to turn onto the M42 to find another one to drive behind for another 20 miles or so. :rolleyes:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #8099 on: 03 February 2018, 07:54 »

I have lost interest in changing the footwell LEDs to red for now. I have returned the units that worked but didn't fit into the housing. I just cannot be bothered to switch out the bulbs as I do not want to risk breaking the OEM unit, so unless I can buy the unit with the red LEDs in like the blue ones, I am done!

Get these ones, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Error-Free-5050-SMD-LED-Red-Footwell-Lights-for-Audi-A4-S4-B8-2008-2015/232480176747  I bought them for mine and they fit perfectly.  5 minute job to install.