Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788233 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4880 on: 04 July 2016, 22:32 »
Thanks Joe.
Yeah I was contemplating just putting the broken one on mine but that part is where tiny stones gather when you pull the mat back so I can imagine all the dirt going up the gap.
It will be interesting to see what the seller says, if he does respond.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4881 on: 04 July 2016, 23:00 »
Collected the rent a caR Estate on Friday, so thats all the variants covered for the time being

Some initial thoughts, it does drive slightly differently and maybe not quite as sharp own turn in but still spirited

I think the exhaust sounds better for some reason especially the blips

Cadiz wheels are growing on me

Carnet is great but wish apple would allow Tom Tom, that said Apple maps is rather good

Soundaktor has three settings to choose from

The estate bumper has some subtle styling differences in terms of defectors and diffuser, also there is no gloss black bit around high level break light on the hatch

The sensors have a new range sweep which is useful given the mk7 turning circle

Already taken a sofa to the tip

Some neat touches in the rear in terms of ease of putting seats down and storage

It is non DCC and the stock dampers are fine

I was harsh on these and eat my words, whether I think its worth £34K is another thing

Good to hear your thoughts on the R Estate.  Quite a few that have had the hatch too, say the exhaust sound is better on the estate.  The ability to turn the Soundaktor down is a god send, and agree, CarPlay (App-connect) is great.

Glad you are liking it.  Now, when is your next motor coming onto the driveway?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4882 on: 04 July 2016, 23:02 »
Remlapeel - which bulb did you use in the boot light? Can you post up a link please!

I could be wrong but if you've changed the footwell light I think the old light unit is a straight replacement for the boot.

No it's different fitting and size to the footwell light Stevie.  The footwell light fits the glovebox non led but not the boot.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4883 on: 04 July 2016, 23:05 »
I could be wrong but if you've changed the footwell light I think the old light unit is a straight replacement for the boot.

No it's different fitting and size to the footwell light Stevie.  The footwell light fits the glovebox non led but not the boot.

Ah right. I knew it was one of them  :laugh:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #4884 on: 05 July 2016, 12:59 »
New DSG paddle extensions. Great feel to them.

2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4885 on: 05 July 2016, 13:37 »
Interesting initial impressions Mr W.
Keep the observations coming!

Having taken it for a spirited spin last night what I did like is the rear is more frisky due to the rear over hang, similar to the Jetta back in the day so its actually fun

Good to hear your thoughts on the R Estate.  Quite a few that have had the hatch too, say the exhaust sound is better on the estate.  The ability to turn the Soundaktor down is a god send, and agree, CarPlay (App-connect) is great.

Glad you are liking it.  Now, when is your next motor coming onto the driveway?

The rasp is great, M2 is due beginning of November, my R is tucked away for a few weeks then get it ready to find a new home.

The Estate is popping its Ikea cherry this evening

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4886 on: 07 July 2016, 15:02 »
In its natural habitat

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #4887 on: 07 July 2016, 15:26 »
Thats a nice looking estate

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4888 on: 07 July 2016, 15:47 »
In its natural habitat

Good to see it's earning its keep.

Any plans to enhance it in any way bearing in mind it's a Rental?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4889 on: 07 July 2016, 17:46 »
In its natural habitat

Congrats on the latest addition to your R family.  Looks great, and see you've put it straight to work.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual