Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788537 times)

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3460 on: 23 December 2015, 12:52 »
Took the GTD Christmas shopping expecting my favoured car park to be a bit busier than usual.

I was dreading it as I don't do car parks at the best of times :laugh:

On the level above drivers were following shoppers back to their cars!!!

Silverburn?
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3461 on: 23 December 2015, 12:54 »
Braehead.
Silverburn I wouldn't even go near as there will be 0 spaces.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3462 on: 23 December 2015, 20:10 »
Looks like I will be bartering for a new GTD - my dad has decided he'd like a new one to replace his July 13 one. 5 door DSG ( :sick:) in Tornado Red. His has 37k miles on the clock, so i'm guessing that £16k is probably going to be a reasonable p/x price if I can get him close to the £3600 discount of drivethedeal + £1000 loyalty bonus for an £8500 cost to change.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3463 on: 23 December 2015, 21:50 »
When are you going start the negotiations?

I found a few garages up here have changed their trade-in practice. None were willing to look at mine or even give me a price until the replacement car had arrived. So I couldn't even work out a price to change. Instead I've had to go with a webuyanycar rough price.

Also to get the £1000 loyalty bonus the car needs to be registered by the end of March so it might be a tight squeeze depending on how the dealers allocation goes. Although with VW sales down they might extend the deal or give something even better as a sweetener.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #3464 on: 23 December 2015, 23:02 »
Christmas shop parking is all about getting there ridiculously early. When I leave the Metrocentre I whip the keys straight out and get stalked all the way back to the  car which is usually a fair walk away.  :evil:

Christmas shopping is all about the Internet. No worries about parking. No messing about with queuing. No hassle!
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #3465 on: 23 December 2015, 23:11 »

I found a few garages up here have changed their trade-in practice. None were willing to look at mine or even give me a price until the replacement car had arrived. So I couldn't even work out a price to change. Instead I've had to go with a webuyanycar rough price.

Also to get the £1000 loyalty bonus the car needs to be registered by the end of March so it might be a tight squeeze depending on how the dealers allocation goes. Although with VW sales down they might extend the deal or give something even better as a sweetener.
try evans halshaw they gave a friend a good price just to buy his car another private dealer james glen is worth asking to  :smiley:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3466 on: 23 December 2015, 23:28 »
try evans halshaw they gave a friend a good price just to buy his car another private dealer james glen is worth asking to  :smiley:

Cheers. I just went ahead and ordered knowing fine well I'd have to get rid of my wife's current A1. But it is in fantastic condition and I literally just based the price on WBAC.com so anything above that would be a good price.

Thanks.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #3467 on: 24 December 2015, 02:17 »

Cheers. I just went ahead and ordered knowing fine well I'd have to get rid of my wife's current A1. But it is in fantastic condition and I literally just based the price on WBAC.com so anything above that would be a good price.

Thanks.
worth a try see what figure they come up with  :smiley:

http://www.jamesglen.co.uk/sellcar.php

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3468 on: 26 December 2015, 12:04 »

I'm sure GTDs are quite easy to come by with 4 months until the loyalty scheme runs out, especially if the reported 20% drop in VW sales across Europe continues to happen, either as unallocated builds or pre-delivery network grabbable stock.

I tried to get a hold of my favoured salesman at Pulman, but he was busy with 2 car handovers on Christmas Eve morning. I fired off an email to him literally 1/2 an hour before the branch closure on Christmas Eve stating that DTD could do £3660 off + £1000 loyalty bonus and said they could offer £16k p/x (a guess on my part as to what it should be worth to them, assuming it would be up for £19k on the used forecourt) on my Dads (1st July 13, the first UK MK7 GTD arrival on this site I believe).

I said that equated to an £8600 cost to change for my Dad and asked how close he could get to that figure. Just waiting for his reply. Hopefully (for my Dad's sake) he'll get within £200 of that cost to change and my Dad will put his order in. I'll chase him up later next week if i've heard nowt from him.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3469 on: 26 December 2015, 12:12 »
In other news, I got 6 x confirmation letters that my £15.99 pm service pack is a goer (after hearing nowt from delivery of my R at the end of May). There was a DD confirmation from VW Finance that my payments were starting 28th June 15, on for July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec.

I'm sure that payments were supposed to start 6 months after delivery - a 4 year/40k miles contract with 36 monthly payments from months 6 to 42 of ownership.

I also was side by side with a new Civic R Type for a few miles of the 30/40/50mph crawl along the widening works of the A1 near the Metrocentre - it was hideous. Lots of venty grilly bits on, including the back of the front wings - looking a lot like exposed fish gills. Seemed quite an old fella driving it, despite it looking like it was designed by a 17 year old Halfords fanatic.