Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788319 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1440 on: 30 November 2014, 21:41 »
Sorry to hear that mate.

Was he drinking? Sounds a bit iffy that he wanted to get away from the scene as fast as possible. The least he could do was apologise considering it was clearly his fault. But then some folk have no manners and don't give a sh!t for others.

Hope you get it sorted asap.

It was just before 2pm, a Sunday roast and a few pints might not have been out of the realms of possibility. He spent most of the time under his car surveying his radiator leak. Didn't really do much speaking to him before he buggered off. He didn't even offer an explanation. You forget to look for things like drunkenness in the heat of the moment, more concerned about surveying the damage. I did keep surprisingly cool throughout.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1441 on: 30 November 2014, 22:06 »
It was just before 2pm, a Sunday roast and a few pints might not have been out of the realms of possibility. He spent most of the time under his car surveying his radiator leak. Didn't really do much speaking to him before he buggered off. He didn't even offer an explanation. You forget to look for things like drunkenness in the heat of the moment, more concerned about surveying the damage. I did keep surprisingly cool throughout.

The shock and the upset has this effect on one. He obviously knew it was 100% his fault due to sheer carelessness.

It will get fixed and perfectly I am sure. Just such a hassle. I feel for you.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #1442 on: 01 December 2014, 09:20 »
Sorry to hear about your woes guys, it's a nightmare. I had my mirror smashed off a couple of months ago and only last week it was finally sorted thanks to insurance company idiots.

Anyway, took the opportunity this weekend to give my Golf the winter protection. It was hanging after a load of work miles last week so a full wash, decontamination and reprotection with Gyeon CanCoat and CarPro ReLoad.

Gave the Wife's 1-Series a clean too so got some photos of them together...

MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1443 on: 01 December 2014, 11:37 »
the 1 series does have looks only a mother could love

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1444 on: 01 December 2014, 12:40 »
gutted to hear people's woes on here and it is somewhat ironic that the bit of kit that stopes you driving into things coast a fortune to recalibrate when someone drives into you

leaving the R on the drive was the best decision of the weekend given I have had to refit the lip underneath the bumper on the polo due to condition of a lane in Kent

Offline baser

• Just got here
« Reply #1445 on: 01 December 2014, 12:44 »
Put the winters wheels on yesterday.  I know the weather conditions are not right yet but I am off to Germany next week and you have to have them on by now.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1446 on: 01 December 2014, 13:02 »
Poor car  :sad:  Radar, yet another expensive thing to repair then  :rolleyes:  Hope they do a decent job of it.

So now you want and M135i.  Mr Ex you are so fickle and such a car tart  :laugh:
It's not me Ms. B, I just muddle along minding my own business and these automotive temptresses flutter their DRL's at me and I go weak at the knees…

The 135i isn't for me. Even a mother couldn't love that face and the running costs are those of a £40k car - my workmate got about 25mpg over the weekend at best which was mostly low speed cruising. He said it dipped even lower if he turned the wick up a bit and despite the noise and the torque peak at very low RPM's this is an engine that needs to be revved to appreciate it. The car is all about the engine and light bodyweight (for that size of motor and output) and it's still no GTI.
Getting back into my GTI after driving the 135i I was actually of the impression that I'd like to own both. The GTI has such a breadth of talent and the torque makes it so nice to drive it over performs for it's power output. And I love the GTI interior. I think the GTI will be with me for quite some time, every time I drive something else I'm initially impressed - but then so glad to get back in just a basic no frills GTI.
The 135i has bags of character, I'll give it that. If I could afford two cars I'd love one for a bit of fun. I should be like my workmate and just run an old banger then hire a sporty car or a Diesel at weekends if I need something for a specific requirement. Food for thought.
It is more like what have they done to your Mk7.
Damn. First Exonian and now monkeyhanger. Two of the nicest chaps on this forum.
So sorry to hear of this for you both.
Glad no one was hurt.

Ooohhh I'm blushing Asker  :kiss:

f**king cars. I've had enough of them lately. The Golf spends most of last month with a flat battery then gets reversed into as soon as I can start using it again.
The other old wreck that I've owned forever flies through its MOT but needs new rear brakes and gets two punctures in two weeks! Grrrrrrrrrr
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #1447 on: 01 December 2014, 13:05 »
the 1 series does have looks only a mother could love

:grin: inclined to agree, doesn't get called the ugly duckling for no reason. At times, and I stress at times, they can look nice. But they need to be highly specced. White, red leather, xenons etc
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1448 on: 01 December 2014, 13:06 »
Poor car  :sad:  Radar, yet another expensive thing to repair then  :rolleyes:  Hope they do a decent job of it.
So now you want and M135i.  Mr Ex you are so fickle and such a car tart  :laugh:
It's not me Ms. B, I just muddle along minding my own business and these automotive temptresses flutter their DRL's at me and I go weak at the knees…

The 135i isn't for me. Even a mother couldn't love that face and the running costs are those of a £40k car - my workmate got about 25mpg over the weekend at best which was mostly low speed cruising. He said it dipped even lower if he turned the wick up a bit and despite the noise and the torque peak at very low RPM's this is an engine that needs to be revved to appreciate it. The car is all about the engine and light bodyweight (for that size of motor and output) and it's still no GTI.
Getting back into my GTI after driving the 135i I was actually of the impression that I'd like to own both. The GTI has such a breadth of talent and the torque makes it so nice to drive it over performs for it's power output. And I love the GTI interior. I think the GTI will be with me for quite some time, every time I drive something else I'm initially impressed - but then so glad to get back in just a basic no frills GTI.
The 135i has bags of character, I'll give it that. If I could afford two cars I'd love one for a bit of fun. I should be like my workmate and just run an old banger then hire a sporty car or a Diesel at weekends if I need something for a specific requirement. Food for thought.
It is more like what have they done to your Mk7.
Damn. First Exonian and now monkeyhanger. Two of the nicest chaps on this forum.
So sorry to hear of this for you both.
Glad no one was hurt.
Ooohhh I'm blushing Asker  :kiss:
f**king cars. I've had enough of them lately. The Golf spends most of last month with a flat battery then gets reversed into as soon as I can start using it again.
The other old wreck that I've owned forever flies through its MOT but needs new rear brakes and gets two punctures in two weeks! Grrrrrrrrrr

Andy, really feel for you. But our love will see you through.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1449 on: 01 December 2014, 13:09 »
I did do a trial fit of these which i have purchased for Mrs W as a set of winters (initially), who said romance is dead

They are the VW Rotary which are more anthracite than the picture suggests