Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788500 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1420 on: 24 November 2014, 20:47 »
^^

Ahh lovely Ashford, home of the Pot Noodle  :laugh:

yeah, my car door was stuck shut with ice this morning.  Winter's here!
« Last Edit: 24 November 2014, 22:49 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #1421 on: 25 November 2014, 05:44 »
Found a dent on the passenger side rear quarter (just on the lower crease in the body). Hardly noticable but I know it's there!!

:sad: :sad:
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1422 on: 28 November 2014, 15:17 »
Ordered a set of winter alloys for the wife's R, however, they may be going on mine first and should look better than the cadiz

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1423 on: 29 November 2014, 12:13 »
It's been a busy week so here's my report:

Monday; Today my car got reversed into while parked up. It's only superficial front bumper stuff but I was furious. There wasn't a single mark on that car and it's treated like a baby. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Friday; Today I booked my car in for repairs. I've requested that the bumper be painted OFF the car. They informed me VW charge about £600 to recalibrate the radar (which was knocked off its perch and the crappy plastic bracket broke). Bodyshops like to take the p**s with repairs when insurance companies are involved. It's my first ever insurance claim in 28 years of driving (I think, hard to remember at my age!)

After my week with a cabriolet http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=271236.0 I'd decided on going back to Diesel next time round with my only hesitation being that I tend to do a lot of short journeys and DPF's won't like me. But on Friday I was presented with a BMW M135i, with just 200 miles on the clock, to use for half an hour or so as a workmate had hired it for the weekend and I was overdue a meal-break at work. He didn't get much choice in the matter, those keys were coming with me.
One word: BEAST! Love it. Me want.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2014, 12:14 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #1424 on: 29 November 2014, 20:30 »
^
Sorry to hear about the damage, £600 to re calibrate the radar is just silly.
Back to the dark side next time? Diseasel DPFs and short trips don't mix.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1425 on: 29 November 2014, 22:26 »

Monday; Today my car got reversed into while parked up. It's only superficial front bumper stuff but I was furious. There wasn't a single mark on that car and it's treated like a baby. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Friday; Today I booked my car in for repairs. I've requested that the bumper be painted OFF the car. They informed me VW charge about £600 to recalibrate the radar (which was knocked off its perch and the crappy plastic bracket broke). Bodyshops like to take the p**s with repairs when insurance companies are involved. It's my first ever insurance claim in 28 years of driving (I think, hard to remember at my age!)

After my week with a cabriolet http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=271236.0 I'd decided on going back to Diesel next time round with my only hesitation being that I tend to do a lot of short journeys and DPF's won't like me. But on Friday I was presented with a BMW M135i, with just 200 miles on the clock, to use for half an hour or so as a workmate had hired it for the weekend and I was overdue a meal-break at work. He didn't get much choice in the matter, those keys were coming with me.
One word: BEAST! Love it. Me want.

Poor car  :sad:  Radar, yet another expensive thing to repair then  :rolleyes:  Hope they do a decent job of it.

So now you want and M135i.  Mr Ex you are so fickle and such a car tart  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #1426 on: 30 November 2014, 08:39 »

Hella have released the Camera & Sensor Calibration Tool in 2014, which is needed to set cars back up after any damage to the sensing and radar systems.  It makes sense to need this calibrated perfectly after an incident.

VW will be required to have these tools but they aren't only available to VW, and the aftermarket shops can aligned with the same tool, and probably for much less if they purchase the equipment.  Hella call it a "cost effective solution" I guess to stop every bodyshop having to go to a VW approved shop for calibration, but I think its still a 4k investment for the aftermarket bodyshops

http://www.abpclub.co.uk/bodyshop-news.php?story=Hella-Gutmann-Solutions---launches-CSC-Tool-(Camera--Sensor-Calibration-Tool)-designed-for-bodyshops-115709

Page 9 below has an interesting write up about it
http://www.hella.com/hella-uk/assets/media_global/INSIGHT_-_Issue_8_-_Autumn_2014.pdf

*no affiliation   
« Last Edit: 30 November 2014, 08:45 by Jackie Treehorn »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1427 on: 30 November 2014, 08:46 »
^
 Diesell DPFs and short trips don't mix.
It doesn't bother them now. I do about 4 miles a day and then maybe depending on what I'm doing more on a weekend. Occasional days out etc etc. Gtd dpf hasn't done anything and it's totally different to previous VW dpfs in that it is in a different position on the engine.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1428 on: 30 November 2014, 14:36 »
Just been shunted from behind by a clown in an old Citroen Berlingo van after coming to a stop for a blind roundabout (you have to stop every time, you can't see what's coming from the right before you get to the boundary line of the roundabout), and he didn't. My GTD has a small split in the bumper towards the left side of the numberplate recess and has popped away from the body where it meets it on the top left corner. My numberplate is shattered and my bootlid is scuffed and dented. Me and the missus have a dull headache right now, hoping we don't get anything developing worse than that as we've got a trip to Prague booked next Sunday.

The Citroen has a dented bumper, dented bonnet, one of the headlights fell out, the other front light clusters were hanging on for dear life, a burst bladder (the radiator contents pissed all over the road).

Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #1429 on: 30 November 2014, 15:46 »
Ouuuch. Good old white van man eh Monkey. :( Sorry to hear that buddy. What Isit with everyone running into MK7's lately? Is there a secret conspiracy to get us off the road?
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.